+

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

It's wicked cold...

I went to bed to cold winds and woke up to even colder weather! I live in Vegas for a reason it doesn't get really cold ever! Till last night that is. I do believe when I woke up it was 39 degrees which is a first in the 3 or so years I've lived here. I mean last winter I didn't wear a winter coat and it's only November now. There was ice on our pool deck from the winds blowing the water out of the pool!!!! I'm staying in and warm today till I have to go out later. After working yesterday and since it was my MIL's last night here DH decided it would be a good time to go through and decide on our wedding album pictures... ours plus the parents! So I just smiled and after wanting to get it done for over a year said "okay honey." It was fun to see all the pictures again a bit weird though since my dad's pictures were there as well....DH didn't catch that at all and I didn't have the energy to spell it out for him! But they are done and I am happy with the picture selection and soon I'll have an album to show. It also gave me lots of ideas for framing and small gifts with the leftover proofs. I've always wanted a wall of family photos and now its ready to be done so I have a project for January..... And I also woke up this morning to say goodbye to my dear MIL since her flight was today. I know what I wrote a few days ago but I really am going to miss her! She is so sweet and kind and loves me like a daughter! Which is special since my own relationship with my mother is rocky at best. I really was on overload then. Thank you to all for your support I really appreciate it!

I have a new banner on the top of my page! And I want to thank Tessa for the link to it since I got it from her page. U2 is my all time favorite band of all time! I've seen them twice in concert and they happily take up most of my ipod space and then some!!! The first time I saw them was with my brother Brian and it was just after 9/11 at Madison Square Garden in NYC and I was completely amazed!!! Actually there are few words to describe that concert! I do believe we stood the entire time...U2 opened the floor of the garden to all the police and firemen.....which was so cool. During their song "One" they projected all the victims names on the walls and ceiling of the Garden so it was like getting bathed in the moment.....and not one I'll ever forget. You could hear a pin drop. Bono is so very cool! U2 has my utmost respect and admiration! The second time I saw U2 was with DH. It was the first stop on our honeymoon! We were planning said honeymoon when he asked where we were going to go? I said nowhere if it didn't include the U2 concert! He said "you're not serious" I said "very and I'm not budging on this point!!!" The concert was great! We left for Disneyland the next morning! This after a small intimate wedding for 170 in New York.... I'm off to stitch now.

I'm grateful for a wonderful MIL..........

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of a wall of photos. Cool. Having just bought the lastes U2 compilation I guess I qualify as having a U2 jones as well. And I'm not even going to comment on not being listed in the blogs you read....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted a wall of photos too, its a shame neither me or the other half will have a photograph taken :oP, suppose mines going to have to be all the rest of the family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kip, since it's wedding pix....everyone is dressed up.....I'll post once done, it's next year's project though. If not for the wedding I usually don't like pix either....

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.