+

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas in NY

I've been meaning to sit down and write for days and I just haven't got the energy it seems! I've been working the last 5 out of 7 days and that's 12 hour days...they switched my schedule around because I would never do that to myself.....I've been in and out of the Christmas spirit...does that make any sense?? And I was really thrilled a few days ago! And still am underneath all the tired.... Here goes we made last minute plans to fly to NY to spend Christmas with our families !!!!! I am actually really thrilled about it! We got a great airfare for booking it a week ago. It's only monday-friday...we take the red-eye out on Christmas eve (I work on Christmas eve) and land at 6:30am on Christmas morning. I'm planning on looking for Santa while inflight!! I have so much to do....I have to address the Christmas cards tonight (I was supposed to have done them already). And we still haven't decided where we will exchange gifts....since you can't wrap gifts and pack them wrapped any longer. I totally understand the security on planes but it's just one more thing to think about.....And there's the tree question...we have a dog sitter but I'm leaning towards not getting a tree this year since we'll be away and I don't want to worry about Storm and the tree....It won't seem like Christmas without one but we won't be here anyway. What does everyone think?? I seem to be rambling. Let me go and get a cup of tea and start addressing cards....then work tomorrow and finish Christmas shopping on tuesday/wednesday or so. And pack for our NY Christmas!!!!!!!!

I am grateful for being able to celebrate Christmas with our families!!

3 comments:

  1. That's wonderful that you get to spend the holidays with family. I found your blog through a friend's blog! Hope you don't mind the comment. Personally I would go with either no tree or a small ornamental tree so you aren't worried about things while you are gone.

    As for presents on the plane - you just reminded me not to wrap a gift. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd put up a tree. I'd be worried about it with the doggie.

    I've been in and out of the Christmas Spirit, too. Mostly out of it. I'm trying hard, though.

    Have a wonderful and safe trip to New York!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd don't think I'd put up a tree either, if you're gonna be gone. Enjoy you Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.