Just a quick post before I really do go downstairs to stitch....I'm pretty sure a friendship of mine has ended and it makes me sad but not really. That may not make any sense but it does in my head.......this "friend" said a really rude thing to my husband and never really apologized for it, kind of just said "I didn't mean it that way". This was a few months ago and its been weighing on me and she just doesn't get it or want to get it. And as of late has been acting more like my mother (I already have a mother thank you) than a friend and I really don't need that either.....Is that as clear as mud now....Not a fun thing to write about at Christmas time but I guess I needed to vent.
This week has been a bit busy with trying to get ready for the NY trip. DH is sick, we have been to 2 doctors....it is either a really bad stomach flu or a reaction to a new stomach medicine. He feels better today but the 2nd doc did bloodwork just to be sure and switched the meds around. They both feel he'll be able to fly!!! Just lots of rest and fluids and TLC! Can I say I'm tired.....while he rested this afternoon before the doctors I managed a visit to my LNS......yes I know nobody is really surprised. I picked up two charts and a bit of hand dyed fabric. I'll post pictures after I return from NY. Tonight it's laundry and stitching! And oh we never did get a tree not even a table top one. I went to Target but didn't like their selection. If I'm ahead of schedule on saturday I may go to the plant store and see what they have to offer. If I get anything I'll post a picture. I plan on wrapping presents and packing on saturday so I can just pop home on sunday after work and change and such and we can head to the airport!!!! I am so homesick right now that it'll be good to be home and see everyone!
I am grateful to be able to fly home for Christmas with my husband and be with our families!
I'm sorry to hear about your "friend." I hope your hubbie feels better soon!
ReplyDeleteLosing a friend is always hard regardless of the situation. Hope DH feels better before flying... flying sick is never fun!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Sorry about your friend, Jules. I certainly know what that's like. I had a 22-year friendship come to an end three months before my wedding. It's a long story, but lets just say she fell in with the wrong people, there were drugs involved, and tremendous amounts of jealousy over my upcoming wedding. While I still think of her and hope she's doing well, I know deep inside that she wasn't really a true friend after all. Hard realization to make after 22 years.
ReplyDeleteHope your DH is feeling better soon!!
hmmm....it doesn't have to end....but the hurt has to be acknowledged and repaired...i hate situations that pit loved ones against friends...friends lose...and i wish i picked smarter friends...anyway....merry christmas
ReplyDeleteHi! I found your blog by chance...
ReplyDeleteYou've done lovely projects! Can't wait to see a picture of your stash that you bought! I hope that you have a safe flight and a good time with your family.
It hurts when others are hurtful to you or your loved ones. People like that are best to be cut out especially if they don't understand or apologize. Don't feel bad, when one door is closed, a window will open.