+

Thursday, May 17, 2007

An amazing day and a tag...

Let me say that I had such a wonderful day yesterday! It was my very first day of joining the SP wednesday stitching group that Margaret introduced me to and I can not thank her enough! The ladies are so nice and welcoming and made me feel right at home. I so enjoyed myself and stitched on PR's Fairy Celebration! I did get there a bit late but not the next time. I was going to pick out fabric for PR's Queen of the Fairies with everyone's help but my Venus threads did not arrive in time.... And as fate would have it my Venus threads were in my mailbox when I arrived home! I even joked about it while at the stitching table! They are so beautiful and Laura is so wonderful to have included a gift of a beautiful scissor fob!!!! And in my favorite color! I will treasure it always!!!!! Here are some pictures.... and and I think I am going tomorrow to pick out fabric since I can't wait any longer! I really wanted lots of input but I really want to start her since she has been whispering my name and now she is starting to get louder!!!
And now I've been tagged by Noreen and Karen and Cheryl so it's about time I answered the tag!
8 Random Things
The Rules:1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules.3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names.4. Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog
So here goes....
1. My nieces are my heart
2. I love drinking tea and can and do nurse a cup for hours at a time
3. I lose all track of time in a card shop or book store.
4. Hubby and I were a blind date.
5. I never wanted a baby....maybe for 3 1/2 seconds.
6.People who don't know me tend to think I'm tough but I'm not.
7. I wanted a small wedding but had a big (170) wedding and it truly was my fantasy wedding come true.
8. I said I'd never get married again but dear hubby changed that!
That was harder than I thought...and now to tag 8 people Brian , Jamie , Lizzy , Kim , Michelle , Mercy ,Wendy , Jules . So there you go consider yourselves tagged!
The last amazing thing that happened yesterday ...well actually two things both at Pilates but first I did the Star position unassisted meaning the instructor not standing by "just in case" It felt so good. My left side is still weaker than my right so that needs work but I did it!!! And my instructor was in NY recently and went to see Wicked on my recommendation and loved it!!! She surprised me with a poster from the show!!!!!! I love it and can't wait to get it framed!!!!! All in all an amazing day!!! And now to the pool and stitching outside!!!
I am grateful for my new friends and stitching group.....

11 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your progress on Queen of the Fairies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhh...those venus threads look really smooth and soft! I bet they are glorious!
    And...I can't wait to see your progress on the Queen :)
    It is nice to have friends and stitching buddies! I'm so glad that you've found a friendly group to stitch with...now I need to find one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you start this piece :) Enjoyed reading your facts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Queen of the Fairies looks like a gorgeous piece. I can't wait to see your progress. Those Venus threads look pretty. Beautiful, soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had fun at your PR group. Can't wait to see your start on Queen of the Fairies. Thanks for tagging me, but I answered that tag a couple of days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a feeling you'll get through Queen in no time. Have you had a chance to look at the venus threads - aren't they great? I'm so glad you have a good week. Thanks for the tag and I will do it this week! I'm having trouble though coming up with 8 things! I can't wait to see your progress on Fairy Celebration. I want to start her I'm just unsure of what fabric. Have you started CDC? I've decided I'm definitely going to start a blog, I should have it set up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a wonderful addition to the group Juls and fit in perfectly. WELCOME!!!
    Thanks for asking me along to pick your fabric for FC. It was fun & I love the choice. I'm looking forward to the first showing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have a stitching group near me you lucky thing! Thanks for the tag soon as I get some time will post them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay! Those Venus floss looks heavenly! I still need to pick up QotF, i haven't bought one for myself yet...

    I agree Laura is such a nice lady, she sends lots of goodies. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "and now for the pool and stitching outside..." Sure. Go ahead and rub it in!! ;)

    I never wanted to get married either. Funny how meeting the right one changes all that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you shop at Tevana? It is my absolute favorite for tea!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.