+

Sunday, July 15, 2007

My Fern and more....

Once again I have no idea where the week has gone except to say that I have worked every other day since this past tuesday and I don't know what's worse working 3 (12hour) days in a row or every other day.... This stretch ends tomorrow. I have been stitching on Fern and after about 5 days of stitching I have a considerable amount done.... and here's another pix that's a bit better. I also added her to my sidebar She takes on shape and form so quickly that I find myself daydreaming about stitching her! And the scroll frame is working out so well that I may never use a hoop again...even held in hand not on my lap frame I am loving it!

I have to mention that I am loving my weekly stitching group at SP! I adore having a dedicated day to stitch and be social! The group is so warm and fun! I am so glad that I got out of my shell and joined them! If anyone has an opportunity to join a stitching group I say go for it!!!!

Now for this week's or is it last week's SBQ..........
Today's SBQ was suggested by The Wagon http://www.thewagon.yuku.com/ and is:What do you love to do that many people hate? What do you hate to do, but do anyway?The permalink to this post is: http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2007/07/sbq-love-and-hate/

I really thought about this and have to say I love french knots...strange I know and beading has become more tolerable since finding nymo thread I just wish I could find a spool of it instead of the small cards that Michaels has......I'd have to say that I absolutely hate cutting my own fabric I do it occasionally but really dread it!! My LNS has me spoiled! I measure and re-measure a dozen times to make sure I have it right and thankfully have found a stitch calculator online as well!

And to leave you with a new picture of Storm enjoying her special sunday treat.... She is so adored and not at all camera shy...We are so blessed to have her and her unconditional love!!!!!!!

Oh and I almost forgot ... I received an e-mail that my Galatea and venus thread pack were being shipped out tomorrow morning! She'll be in my hands in just 7 days or so....but I daren't start her just yet. I need to get some more scrolls rods as well....I'll have to go to Michaels this week after of course clipping the weekly 40% off coupon....

I am grateful for lazy Sundays and Storm.........

7 comments:

  1. Fern is going to be gorgeous. At the rate you are stitching you'll have her completed in plenty of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fern is lovely and I really like the fabric you've chosen for her.

    I so wish there was a stitching group round here - it sounds so much fun.

    Talking of fun, Storm seems to be having plenty of that with her toy/bone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fern is coming along great. Glad you're enjoying your stitching group. I wish there was a group that meets around where I live but there isn't. I'd join it in a heartbeat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous start! Fern is coming along well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fern is looking lovely on that fabric - congrats on some fabulous progress! Yay, Galatea is gorgeous - can't wait to see your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fern is looking so pretty. I love the greens of her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fern is coming along beautifully. Would it be abusive to ask what fabby is that? LOL

    I totally agree with the scroll frame, once you finish your piece you will find it isn't even wrinkled, compared to the hoops. That's why i kept saying it was yuck. LOL

    Can't wait to see more of fern. =)

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.