Fern a Couture Pixie
by Nora Corbett Designs
I actually tweaked the photo a bit to get a truer representation of the fabric! My only concern is I only have about an inch of material at the top and bottom....I told you I hate cutting my own fabric!!! But it will be okay!!! It has to be......I even measured twice and used an online fabric calculator.......Actually I measured more than twice since the first piece I cut was definitely too small. I'm only thinking good thoughts! I'll know more on Monday. I actually rescheduled Pilates today since it was so rainy and miserable out the middle part of today......Fern may be my fastest finish started on July 9th and finished August 2nd. And she is a birthday present for my niece who is visiting in just a few weeks!!!!!
Oh and a clarification about my last post...those 3 pictures that I posted I did in the late '80's to early '90's. I posted them in response to the SBQ.
I am grateful for my finish today..........
Congrats on the finish. She looks great. I love the fabric you stitched her on.
ReplyDeleteShe's lovely! Especially on that fabric.
ReplyDeleteI'm no good at cutting my fabric either!
Fern is beautiful! I love the fabric and an in awe of your quick finish. I have really enjoyed reading your blog, which I only recently discovered-covet that pool too! You lucky duck!~Annie
ReplyDeleteFern looks lovely!! Can't wait to see her framed.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Fern is gorgeous! She will be so pretty framed. If you ever need help figuring out how big to cut your fabric, I'd be happy to help! artbuff at hotmail dot com.
ReplyDeleteFern is so pretty! I love her with the special added "something" in her hand. Congrats on the finish!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your beautiful finish! What a great gift! I can't believe how quickly you've stitched her
ReplyDeleteFern is so pretty. Your neice is going to love her. I can't wait to see her framed.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful finish you have there.
ReplyDeleteShe's really beautiful Juls! I'm sure that your niece will love her.
ReplyDeleteCongtrats!! Fern is just gorgeous.A beautful gift for your niece. You stitched her so quickly.
ReplyDeleteI think Megs is gonna really like Fern. I spent the afternoon with her and we're really looking forward to our visit. I have two hard weeks of meetings but then to sip coffee by the pool with Storm and everyone is going to be special. I love what you're doing with your blog.
ReplyDeleteFern is beautiful Juls! Congratulations on your finish:)
ReplyDeleteGreat finish! You stitched her up quick :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your finish! She is lovely! hope things work out with the fabric size...I'm sure it will be fine!
ReplyDeleteJuls, Fern is gorgeous! What a creative idea to give her the little gem in her hand and to add sparklies, too! I think your fabric is great with her.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Deb
She's beautiful, congrats
ReplyDelete