+

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Where oh where is......

As the title implies.......I am still without my car! Amazingly the body shop found more damage and this time the two chief adjustors went and finally approved the work and now it's on the way to the paint shop so hopefully by next wednesday my car affectionately named Harry will be home! Since I know he feels abandoned...LOL. And yes I did name my car strange but true!!!

I was also supposed to be picking up 3 framed pieces from my framer and dropping off my last finish but that also didn't happen. My framer is a perfectionist and one of the pieces was off by 3 rows so it's being redone. They will all be done on Saturday! But I am working so I will pick them up on Wednesday since the women in my stitching group at SP want to see the finished product and then I will post definitely! So stay tuned.

I am thinking of doing my master bedroom and bath in purples! What does everyone think?????.....I have one wall that is perfect for some cross stitch finishes as it's on an angle. And purple is so soothing. Right now it's in black/cream toile which I love but I feel ready for a change since it's been about 4 years.....Well for nothing to write I did pretty well.....

Oh and an SBQ to finish the posting with...

Today's SBQ was suggested by Jennifer (http://astitchinwrinkledtime.blogspot.com/ ) and is:How did you get started stitching? Was there a person that inspired you?The permalink to this post is: http://blog.blondelibrarian.net/archives/2007/08

This is such a great question! I started stitching because my older sister put a needle and thread in my hand and said you will do this! I am ever so grateful for this...I started with stamped cross stitch bibs since mom was pregnant with my little brother (thus usurping my baby of the family status at age 11).....I was enjoying my reign too! LOL I quickly progressed to crewel and needlepoint and was doing small Christmas cards when she got her hands on a copy of the magazine "Cross Stitch and Country Crafts" (such a great magazine don't you wish it was still around) and on the cover was a little girl at a tea party with her dolls and she quietly but insistently challenged me to do the design.....I wasn't sure I could but off we went to get the supplies....I actually remember that day as if it yesterday..picking out the DMC threads and cutting the material centering the material, taking the first stitch and so on...such a great memory! A mere 2 years later she was done!!! And I am still stitching today and am addicted to counted cross stitch! So thank you dear Maureen for encouraging and challenging me in that way! Every stitch I now do is in her memory and there are no words for how this makes me feel. As much as I miss her I know she is smiling somewhere and that is immensely comforting to me!!! Would you like to see a picture of the completed piece....I've posted it earlier but here it is again..... (what's a post without any pictures?)


Thanks for looking and see you soon! Hope every ones weekend is relaxing, fun and if you stitch full of more hours than you can imagine for stitching

PS I almost forgot ....I am in the countdown to my brother and niece visiting and only 2 more days of work and then 8 whole days off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just a bit excited, thrilled, ecstatic and expectant.....I'll be at the airport with bells on Sunday night that is after baking a raisin cake for my brother ......his absolute favorite and my niece has promised me a pecan pie so life is sweet......

I am grateful for my memories and my sister...............

8 comments:

  1. Have a great time with your brother and niece!

    Hope you get your car back soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the pics of the framed pieces...

    I think that a purple bathroom would be wonderful. I would do the exact same thing myself if we didn't have a raspberry coloured bathroom set (sink, toilet, shower and tub) -- no, it wasn't my idea, it was like that when we bought the house. So, unfortunately I'm kind of stuck with neutral colours for everything else. I'd LOVE a purple bathroom. Have fun doing it if you decide to go for it.

    I also just wanted to mention your banners on the right sidebar. You know the WWDD banners etc... there are two RIP banners on the side that seem to give away plotlines from book 7... Shame! (I'm not 100% sure though since I haven't read it yet, I'm waiting for my copy to come in at the library. *pout*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Juls,
    You had mentioned this little girl and her tea party at SP and I'm thrilled to see her - gorgeous!!Wonderful that it was Maureen who got you stitching and I can well imagine how your stitching, even now, is a tribute to her memory.

    Perhaps we'll be at SP at the same time on Wednesday and I'll see the finished pieces. Not sure though if we'll make it - we'll see.

    Have a wonderful time with your brother and niece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely story about how you became to be a stitcher. Hope you enjoy your time off with your family! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the car repair goes smoothly! Have a great time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You should get a package soon - stalk the mailman Saturday or Monday. I'm a slacker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did Tea Party years ago for my Grandmother. I haven't seen this piece in a long time. I will have to look at it next time I visit her. It is a beautiful piece and your stitching is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.