I have been thinking about this post all day even whether I should write it....I truly dislike the word should it simply implies regret. I have written before about her but something about her birthday made this post important! And in the end I felt strongly about posting and honoring her memory! Today is her birthday and she has been with the angels for 17 years. It feels like yesterday most of the time, I still see her face in my dreams and can tell you just how she liked her tea and even the fact that she never ever went to bed with dirty dishes in the sink. She was amazing so intuitive. She is the reason I stitch today and am so glad that when she put needle and thread in my hand and said you will do this I did! My brother wrote a truly eloquent post in his blog about her. It brought me to tears for the first time today. She truly was my mirror and for the longest time I didn't know who I was after she died. I'd look in the mirror and just wonder and think what next what do I do?? But today I brought brownies to the stitching group at SP to celebrate her birthday and that felt good! The ladies were all so kind. Today was a good day because I honored her memory! Oh and she had a wicked sense of humor! She wasn't far away today and I thought of her often.
On a stitching note I never did start Pumpkin Spice the other night. By the time I got all the threads sorted and bagged it was just too late. And PR's Queen of the Fairies
was calling my name rather loudly! She was feeling neglected and rightfully so! So I am working on her and plan to start Pumpkin Spice tomorrow!
I am grateful to have memories of my sister...........
Thinking of you, Juls, and your sister. She sounds like she was a wonderful person, just like you are {{{{hugs}}}}
ReplyDeleteQueen of the Fairies is looking so pretty:)
People that special happen only once a lifetime. I know you're glad that she happened in yours. She's singing with the angels.
ReplyDeletePeace to her.
I'm glad you were able to celebrate your sister's birthday. Thanks to her, we can know enjoy your stitching which is so beautiful !!!
ReplyDelete(((((hugs)))))
hope you had a lovely day remembering your sister, sending you {{{hugs}}}
ReplyDeletenicely written....your heart shows through...I love ya, munchkin....
ReplyDeleteyour sister sounds like she was a lovely person. I'm sure she would have been happy that you celebrated her birthday with stitching and brownies.
ReplyDeleteI love your PR Queen - I have this one to do too.
Juls, I know what the feeling is like on a loved one's birthday. Your sister sounds wonderful, and I'm sorry for your loss, but just knowing that she's still close to you in spirit is a reassuring feeling. Get thru the day, and tomorrow will be better.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see your progress on 'Pumpkin Spice.' It's stunning! And your 'Queen' is looking so beautiful...just like you! Keep smiling and stitching!
Big hugs! I treasure my sister everyday and I think the brownies were a wonderful way to honor your sister's day. Your Queen is looking amazing. I so want to stitch this one!
ReplyDelete((hugs)) Juls!! My sister and i never really got along well while we were growing up. But I think I am one of the lucky one's where when i want to talk to her, i still can. She's not the best sister but I love her to pieces (don't tell her i said that LOL) I am sure your sister watches from above, and are happy.
ReplyDeleteThe brownies sounds delectable!
Love your progress on the queen =)
Dear{{{Julie}}
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for letting me be a part of the celebration and remembrance of your sister's life. It truly made her a part of our wonderful group.
Juls, you are a wonderful and special person and I know that when she looks down on you she is very proud of her little sister.
{{{hugs}}} Margaret
PS Your homemade brownies are the very best I have ever tasted.
Its wonderful that you have so many good memories to celebrate, and its nice that your stitching group helped you to do so ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteBless you for keeping your memories close and alive. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteDear Juls, What a very dear and special sister you are. Thank you for sharing your love of your sister and honoring her. Your friends are always standing with you in whatever you want, Juls, so don't be afraid to share with us the sunshine and the shadows.
ReplyDeleteYour "Queen.." looks so great. Making me want to grab mine and start it!
Hugs,
Deb