+

Monday, April 14, 2008

Done done done!!!

Well here I am posting again..... I put my mind to finishing Miraculous Birth sampler by Stoney Creek and even after goofing off on saturday I was able to finish the little backstitching and the beading in one day!!!! I have to say I am so proud of this piece and all it means and will mean for the mother. I did it as a memorial for my SIL's cousin who is a sweetheart and no one should suffer the lose of a child the way she did!!!!! This is for you Lynn! And now I can take it with my SIL to my framers and we can pick out a frame together especially since she knows her decor and tastes. I took several pictures and then took some more...to make it stand out I needed to put it on a white pillowcase otherwise the picture was just washed out. So without any further delays here they are.... and and and and finally . I really had a lot of fun with this piece especially learning two new stitches the Eyelet Variation and the Braided Heart and of course relearning the Satin Stitch. Also working with Glissengloss Japanese silks and other threads was fun!!!! I can now say I'm still not sure why it took so long to finish but my SIL's visit next week was the the push I needed to finish!!!!

I am also contemplating another new start... I know I have too many as is but I having been dreaming of Fairy Moon but Mirabilia . Maybe after my SIL's visit ...if I can hold out that long. The obsessing has begun.....

I am grateful for finishes and friends...


6 comments:

  1. That is a stunning piece, and very meaningful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this lovely finish Juls. It looks so pretty on your blog but everyone should know it is even more beautiful IRL. Lynn will be so touched by the piece and all the thought and love that went into the stitching process. You are a true friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,what a beautiful piece. It touched my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juls, this is just stunningly gorgeous! Great job - and thanks for all the beautiful closeup photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous finish, Juls, and one that I am sure will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.