+

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Does any one remember .............

Once again I've been lax in posting. But this post has been running around in my head for days!!!! I started this one last year as a gift for my SIL's cousin. It's Miracle Birth Sampler by Stoney Creek. I had a hard time getting this picture but once finished I will get a better picture. And it almost done ...my goal is by next weekend since my SIL and family are visiting and then we can take it to the frame shop together and pick a perfect frame for it. I'm not sure what was holding me up on it but I started thinking or rather obsessing about it 2 weeks ago. I picked it up and feel like I haven't put it down. I mastered the Eyelet Variation stitch as well as the Braided Heart stitch. Once I started stitching them I just followed the diagram and it went smoothly!! Not as hard as I thought....It's done with japanese silks and beads!!! I am down to just a little backstitching and the beads. I see it being finished this weekend actually since I'm off all weekend! I felt I had to stitch this for her from my heart! It's a long story but basically she had twins on my birthday 2 years ago after a difficult pregnancy and all was going well when suddenly the boy passed away. It was a total shock and I managed to find this perfect piece!!!! I think she will love it!!!! I wish I could see her face but my SIL will be giving it to her when the time is right!

I really need to be stitching and getting the house ready for my SIL and family visit next sunday but I have a week and I am good under pressure. We will be opening the pool as well for their visit. I can't wait to get in and swim and let's not forget the hottub! Oh well I'm off to stitch but first I must go to Jo-Ann's and get the new gingher's Emma!!!!! I can honestly say my scissor collection is growing......will post a picture soon!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!!


And to answer Vonna's question from my last post I am getting a nice monthly discount on my Pilates classes!!! Let me just say I love Pilates. It has made me quite flexible and I can now touch my toes and even put my hands palm down on the floor without bending my knees!!!! Something I've never been able too do!!!!! So happy!!!!

I am grateful for days off and long weekends!!!!!



5 comments:

  1. Just knew you would go and pick up those Emmas. You must show them next week.

    Good luck in finishing this beautiful sampler this weekend. Glad to hear you don't have to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous sampler. Good luck with your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! That's gorgeous! I just love whitework.... And congratulations on the Pilates successes. I'd love to resume it, but can't make time for the classes. Thinking of buying a DVD ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that is absolutely beautiful Juls:)

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.