+

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Star Returns

Hello all! I am happy to report a great Pilates workout today....my third this week! And to make it even better I mastered or shall we say remastered the Star position Mine didn't look quite so perfect but I'm working on it!!! I haven't been able to do it since my surgery in January but today was the day!!!!! I was thrilled as was my instructor!!!!!! My core is getting stronger and I can do more. It makes me confident and empowered (I love that word). On to stitching........

I am now the proud owner of Nora's Letter C !!!!! It will be for one of my nieces...she knows who she is!!!! I just have to find the perfect fabric......time to explore my stash! I am planning to do the letters C, M, K, G (and J for me) as they come out as belated Bridal gifts for my bridal party...it's an idea I've had for a while and at first I was going to do M-designs letters but then Nora stole my heart with her letters.


Next is PR's Fairy Celebration 3.... And here is my progress so far She is being done on PTPlus Kermit 32ct linen with a wonderful purple overdyed from Threadworks!!! I am loving stitching her. A bold color combo but it looks so beautiful!!! I will do FC2 next which is already kitted! And as an FYI Fairy Day is June 24th so let's get our wings ready and celebrate these wonderful beings!!!!!


Next is an update on Cirque...I finished the 3rd page in what seemed like record time.....


This week was week 3 of SP anniversary sale and they had fabric on sale so I managed a few pieces and also 3 scissor fobs (not on sale but what the hey!) from My Big Toe trunk show. A mermaid a castle and Cinderella.....pics next post..........Next week is threads on sale...... Oh and I got a new chart (no surprise there) by Willow Hill Samplings called Cinderella Sampler. I have the perfect fabric (from my stash) and will pick up the threads next week during the sale. I couldn't resist...my sister's nickname for me was Cinderella....I'll explain in a future post. And will add a picture as well of the chart! She will be my next start...


Thanks for stopping by and visiting with me!!!!


I am grateful for the time I had with my sister and my memories..........




17 comments:

  1. Juls, I simply adore that color combo you picked out for your fairy-truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh promise to show loads of WiP pics for "C"? ^.^ I'd love to see your progress on this.

    Beautiful colour combination you have chosen for Fairy III. Laura has certainly outdone herself designing this year's Fairy, hasn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mirabilia's new alphabet series are definitely faerie-inspired! Aren't they great!! I know I will have to do at least one of them...if not more :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely update! I have to agree those alphabet fairies would make great gifts!! I too like the M-design letters though. Congrats on the pilates position! We are in a weight loss competition with another couple and so far our combined weight loss is 40 lbs!! If we win we get our train tickets to Chicago paid for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your a star to be able to even attempt to do the "star"...if I tried doing that I'd look like a polar bear trying to stick my hand in the ice to get a fish and then I'd fall on my face! LOL!
    All your stitching is perfect and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Juls
    just browsing as new to blogging, just love your fairy pics. My daughter loves fairies so I stitch several myself. Please feel free to view my blog. I have just finished two "Flower Fairies"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fairy is looking beautiful, Juls, and I love your CdD!

    I can't wait to see your fairy C. I love these, they are so pretty. Will be waiting for see what S is like!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks lovely. I think I'll have to stitch the fairies at some point, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I hope that you are the next 'sister' Juls. Did you know that I was the one who thought up the name?

    As always great patterns and wonderful stitching.

    I still have hope that you will have Monday off.

    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mirabilia has a new alphabet series???? I must have missed it! I have to check it out. Something tells me my credit card is going to have flatter bumps soon... Looking forward to your progress on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fairy is coming along very nicely. Lovely bold colour combination! :) I celebrate the Fairy Day by stitching HAED's QS White Rose Fae by Nadia Tate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the fabric your stitching FC3 on. This 3rd one is my fav out of all 3 (love them all though).
    Your CDC looks amazing. I love this design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,

    I stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago, and I so admire your stitching! Wonderful!

    Your pictures inspired me to try stitching my very first fairy, the Christmas fairy. I hope it turns out as good as yours.

    Good luck with your pilates and stitching, you are such a big inspiration!

    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  14. this new passione ricamo free chart is very nice ! i love it, like the new Nora corbett designs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you've got so many lovely pieces going or in your stash, I so enjoyed looking back through your blog. I love all the various fairy pieces, the one HAED reminded me of the scene in LOTR too. The PR one is going to be gorgeous, the color combination is wonderful. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I'll put your name in for the drawing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.