+

Monday, July 28, 2008

Been back

I can't remember being this tired but something tells me I have been. I came back from NY last tuesday and it's been nonstop with no end in sight. I'm at the end of 5 out of 6 work days which are all 12 hours......partly my fault since I didn't take any vacation days while in NY. But it's still hard. And tonight I am picking up DH at the airport at 1 am.......his flight is late and I'm due back at work at 7am! Wish me luck......

The good news is that I did stitch while in NY but don't have a picture yet...... I started Cinderella Sampler and will have a picture soon. I am taking a break from Fairy Moon while I write this.

NY was good! It was great seeing family and reconnecting. I packed a lot into 5 days. ..... Most importantly I got to see my favorite Aunt who will be 90 on my wedding anniversary in October. She recently went into a nursing home and I really just felt the need to see her. She is doing well and it brought me joy to see her! She even beat my DH several rounds of gin rummy!!! She was the one I went to growing up when I wanted the truth...she didn't tell you what you wanted to hear but what you needed to hear! While there I saw my cousins as well as DH's family. We stayed with my MIL which of course caused tension with my mother but when isn't there tension with her. And of course we saw my mother but that was difficult at best. And now since DH stayed a bit longer it's been me and puppy!!!! Well I'm off to check on his flight and do a bit more stitching and try to stay awake! I think I'll bring puppy to the airport with me...it being so late and all!!!!!

I am grateful for my Favorite Aunt and the relationship we have........

4 comments:

  1. Hope hubby's flight wasn't any later than originally scheduled but I guess that's like wishing for snow in the middle of August here in Florida! Sleep, who needs sleep??!!! wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious how your middle of the night trip to the airport with your puppy turned out!

    So glad you got to reconnect with your Aunt and that the visit was a joyous one. Those special family members are so important!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a nice visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.