+

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

End of the year already..........

My oh my!!!! I can't believe it's the end of the year already and Sleeping Beauty and Mother's Arms are still waiting to get off the WIP's list in my sidebar....

Happy New Year all and thanks for visiting and commenting as much as you did! I so appreciate it! I have a few pictures to share this post. So here goes...

The first is of our Christmas tree which we managed to finish decorating on Christmas morning. I am so pleased with it and find myself just staring at it especially at night with the lights on! and I am glad we did up the tree! It makes Christmas extra special. I made a special dinner including pecan pie and we celebrated by ourselves which was so sweet since it was our first time being home and celebrating together. Dh did confess that it felt weird not being around a lot of people but it made it special. We opened presents Christmas night along with Storm. She liked her biscuits but was slightly put off by the size of this rawhide....it's peanut butter flavored and she has yet to touch it.... She usually loves peanut butter flavored treats.....Behind her you can see my craft bag and basket of cross-stitch.......

I have made significant progress on Cinderella sampler having completed the border all around and I looked at it again and really love this piece!!! I was given the great idea of personalizing it for my DH and me as a wedding piece and that's what will happen. I am going to put our initials in the box at the top with the year we started dating and on the bottom the date of our wedding!!!! It'll make more sense when you see it all done! Here are some updated pictures without the completed border. I just finished that tonight after working today. I find that even if I put a few stitches in it relaxes me after working 12 hrs..... and I am halfway done already!!!! The fabric is a Silkweaver solo 36ct and is just perfect! The border was off by one but unless you look closely or know where to look you wouldn't be able to tell. But I am sure some of you will be able to tell.........Amazingly I am okay with it and since it's for me and DH it'll work!

I hope everyone has their New Years starts all kitted up!!!! I have mine almost all together...I will do that later today. My start is still Holly by Nora Corbett . My fabric is Boo opalescent 32ct by Silkweaver. Well I'm off to bed now I have Pilates at 8am and then it's off to SP for stitching and then another quiet night with DH. I am working New Years Day so our celebrating will be low key.
I am grateful for family and friends and the joy they bring to my life........

11 comments:

  1. Your cinderella sampler is beautiful. I just saw that chart the other day and thought it was so pretty! I can't wait to see your Holly progress. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, pretty tree.
    Your Cinderella sampler is gorgeous.
    Looking forward to our Miribilia start tomorrow.
    Been real busy with family and travelling. Will set up blog soon.
    Happy Happy New Year my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Cinderella Sampler is looking so pretty Juls:)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree looks beautiful..as does your Cinderella Sampler! Holly is a great piece for 2009:)
    Storm is such a pretty girl. Our Lizzie is getting weird about treats. She won't eat anything peanut butter anymore. She'll only eat the dried chicken treats now. Maybe they know something we don't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tree!!!

    Happy New year !!!!!!!!! Hope the fairy world will be nice with you protecting you from all the bad stuffs !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Cinderella WIP! :D And what a lovely tree. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Juls! Love the Cinderella sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Your wips look lovely and so does your Xmas tree. We are taking ours down tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  9. holly is a stunning start to 2009 , will be good to see the progress on her, you are very organised complete oppostie to me lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Cinderella - sampler is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.