+

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

With a week to spare

Amazing as this is...my third post in 2 days or so. But I have good reasons!!!!! First I must say thanks to all who commented and wished the Christmas spirit to visit! It seems that I was not alone in my lack of Christmas spirit!!!! It is getting hold of me slowly but surely! Dh and I went and got our tree last night and I am starting the decorating tonight!!! First the white lights tonight and then tomorrow the ornaments which we will put on together! We are stitching tomorrow at SP but only for a few hours or so. I am liking the idea of decorating on Christmas Eve!!! I may have stumbled on a new tradition for hubby and me! I am planning Christmas dinner as well along with another pecan pie.....might have to get some vanilla ice cream too!!!! I want to have a quiet day with DH since in years past we were either rushing to NY for a few days or going to a friends house. We never had just a quiet celebration so I am looking forward to that!!!! Then it's off to the movies to see Marley and me!!!! I have always always wanted to go to the movies on Christmas day it just seemed so decadent!!!!!! Maybe another tradition. Thank you all again for the well wishes and friendship!!!!
Now I have my final finish of 2008!!!! Yes CdC is done as of 2am this morning!!!!! Here are the pictures I took last night under my Ott light!!!! and and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you say love!!! I am totally in love with this finish!! It is such an accomplishment! It is done on 32ct Silvery Moon linen using The Thread Gatherer Silk 'n Colors in Desert Sunset!!!!! I llove the color variation that it acheived!!!! I have already submitted it to Tracy at Ink Circles to be added to her Cercles page!!!!! And since I always sign my pieces but didn't want to ruin the line at the bottom I found the perfect spot within the design to sign it!!!! Can you find it??? I've already added it to my sidebar 2008 finishes!!!!!
Now I'm off to decorate the tree and have a cup of tea.
PS dear Storm is now confused as to why a tree is in the house but is being good about it!!!!
I am grateful for friends near and far online and off.......

26 comments:

  1. Congrats on your wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juls, it looks fabulous! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Juls!!!!!! Congratulations. It is simply stunning. I am hoping to finish PL by years end. Wish me luck.
    And Happy Christmas to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the beautiful finish! I also love decorating the tree on Christmas eve, It is one of our traditions as well. It just gets a bit more difficult to find trees that close to Chritmas as the tree lots start closing down. Last year we almost didn't get one!

    Enjoy your new found traditions and Merry Christmas to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay hooray! It is utterly stunning! What a fabulous finish!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful! Congrats on your year end finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Juls!! ~~HAPPY DANCE AND A BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!~~ I am sooo proud of you:) This is such a gorgeous piece!!

    and here's a toast to new traditions:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh...and yes! I found it!! You signed and dated in the almost middle!
    Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely breathtaking finish, Juls!! Congratulations on a true heirloom and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cirque is wonderful. Can I ask you how many skeins of TG you used. I have a bit of a dilemma as I think I am a skein short. I only bought five :-( x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Juls, congrats on finishing this fabulous design. Love your color choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Juls,

    Nice work you are doing, especially the projects you are still working on. I also love to do cross stitching. I can really enjoy that.

    I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year, filled with lots of joy.

    From Belgium,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your CdC finish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness Juls - this piece is spectacular. Do I win a prize if I find your signature?(LOL)

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you and DH only the very best in 2009.

    hugs, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, it is amazing!! I really love it and i really want to finish mine now, only 4 pages to go LOL Cant wait to see it all framed, it is a beauty. Big congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! It's absolutely stunning! Everytime I see this pattern, I want it more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A great way to end the year! Looks great and I found your initials. I always have a hard time trying to hide them and so most pieces don't have them! Sounds like a great Christmas. Hope you enjoyed your quiet time and the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!! this is a wonderfull work. The colors are very beautifull ( is it a skein color gradients? ).
    Happy new year 2009 from Seville ( Spain)

    ReplyDelete
  20. congratulations on your work ! it is stunning !
    happy new year 2009.. with a lot of nice projects ! i love the Mirabilia you have started....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow,it's gorgeous!! Give yourself a pat on the back. Seeing it completed makes me anxious to get my own done.
    I'm so glad you've joined us on the Mirabilia SAL. The Holly pixie is just so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your CdC is BEAUTIFUL! I love the floss color you chose. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations (while belated)! I am convinced that every good stitcher needs to complete several things to be considered EPIC: a Mirabilia, an Ink Circles, A Chantelaine, and a HAED. You are WELL on your way to EPIC status! Simply stunning! Joy

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.