+

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Updates

I finally took some update pictures but first my recent Paperback Swap books came in the mail! I had planned on buying both of these books just before Christmas and then decided to wait. I found them on Paperback Swap and I have more books coming! To date I have sent out 18 books! Paperback Swap is the way to go!

Now I have an update on NC Holly! I am loving stitching her. The colors are really popping on the fabric which is Boo 32ct Lugana by Silkweaver. It is an opalescent which I think will work for Poppy as well. Don't you just love her!!!!
And next is my name sampler also known as Rosewood Manor ABC Tapestry . I am doing our last name and this is stitching up fast as well. I did all of the stitching you see on the "N" yesterday! Well I was up till 3 am.....
I wasn't able to stitch or focus on anything last week much to my horror! I was just listless and vegged in front of the TV without picking up a needle! Not fun!!! It must have been the weeklong migraine I had which is also gone. And this week I get to go to SP stitching group on wednesday and saturday!

I also ordered the Nora Corbett Alphabet this am that I mentioned in my previous post. I will post a picture as soon as I get it! So that will be added to my very loose rotation. I found a needle book I want to stitch as well so as soon as I find material... and I've been thinking about a Shepards Bush start too......We'll see.....

Thanks for visiting and reading!

I am grateful to be stitching again......

14 comments:

  1. Wow Holly looks lovely. You're right the colours really do pop! Your ABC Tapestry is coming along beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly is looking great! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo is a great color ;-) I love both ladies ;-) Can't wait to see your alphabet !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice progress on your NC Holly! I love the colors! And the Poppy one is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't paperbackswap the greatest?! I can't wait to see how Poppy works up, I may have to add her to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, so sorry about the week of migraines! Those are the worst! Glad you're feeling better:)
    Really great progress on Holly and your ABC Tapestry.
    The book swap sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent progress on you WIPS. I am very happy to see a picture of a WIP of ABC Tapestry. Yours looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All very nice; love the color on NC Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colors are really popping on that fabric. I wish I could take pictures as well as you do! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    Sorry to hear about the migraine. I get those sometimes too and you just don't want to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books Juls. The swap sounds great but with the high postage wouldn't work for me here. You'll have to save a few of your favorites so I can borrow them when we're in town again. Nope - no plans at all.

    Fairy looks wonderful. The colors are stunning on the fabric.

    I've been working like a mad woman on WWW any spare moment I have - just a small piece of sky & some backstitching to go.

    Have a great weekend.

    hugs, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure have some wonderful things on the go. Fairy is looking fab.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your mirabilia is so nice ! the fabric is just perfect for it !

    ReplyDelete
  13. That stitched letter is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.