+

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Have you done this?

I am getting ready for bed and I have a full day tomorrow staring with Pilates at 8am but I wanted to write first! I went to SP on saturday late but I went! I was all set to stitch on my name sampler and I even brought Holly with me since when I left I wasn't sure what I wanted to stitch on. I'm sure you can guess where this story is going....... It would have been helpful to actually have packed my threads....yes I forgot my threads for both projects!!!!! Luckily I had a Shepards Bush pattern that I was wanting to start. So that's what I just had to do!!!! It is Little Witch and I have been wanting to start her for a while well actually since I tried to buy the pattern twice but luckily I checked my stash and there she was just waiting to be started! Now don't worry I did finish the "N" this weekend......... I stitched all day sunday and it was so wonderful!

I got a pleasant surprise when I opened my mailbox today! Nora's alphabet was there waiting for me!!!!! Now to pick the fabric! Yes I am planning on starting it! I am in love with it!!!!! And I haven't forgotten that I want to start a needlebook soon too.......Here is Nora's Alphabet and

This last photo is a bit blurry but you get the idea! It comes with the Gloriana silks so I just need to gather the DMC threads and choose my fabric!
It's late and I need to sleep....and for some reason no stitching got done yesterday but I plan to correct that a bit later today at stitching group. More later.
May your needles fly through your fabric
I am grateful for the freedoms I enjoy and our new president ..........

10 comments:

  1. Oh yes Juls, I've certainly done that. Always good opportunity for a new start.(LOL)

    SB witch is going to be lovely. Great new alphabet pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your SB start Juls and your ABC Tapestry is looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your letter piece and your new start too. More new stash, lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't forgotten my threads, but I HAVE forgotten my needle and scissors. grrr..... very aggravating.

    I LOVE your SB witch! I have that one and need to start on it, too. I'm such a SB freak! Great start on yours. I love it. :)

    Hugs,
    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thx for stopping by my blog! I'll add you to my roll, as yours is great too! I just stitched Little Witch last October-posted pics on blog if you want to see. She is a very fun stitch. Love the new Nora Alphabet too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on new start! and another letter complete on ABC!! Good job! I am ALWAYS forgetting something!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I have this too, that I always forget something. Nice new start you did, and new Stash also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely new design - I have not seen this one before! And I certainly have forgotten my threads when I've gone to a guild meeting! Well, it just gave me more time to chat and no frogging to do once I got back home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did this when I went to Mom's for the weekend a couple months back. Fortunately, she had a Jo-Ann Fabrics just down the road, and really, who couldn't use more thread! lol

    I am in awe of your RM ABC tapestry. Holy cow, that is going to be absolutely mind blowing when you get it done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe... laughing with you, not at you. At EGA, we have the 3 project suggestion.... you should always have 3 projects in your bag, that way you will have at least one you can stitch on! I've left threads for one project at home, chart for another at home. But, it's always a good excuse to start something new!
    You have beautiful pieces in the works!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.