+

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Proud Aunt!

Just a quick post from one proud Aunt!!!! My dear niece e-mailed me a picture of her progress so far and I must say her stitching is perfect! But here is the picture so you can see for yourself....
You can just make out the crystal fabric. Her stitches are neat and even! I see more stitching in her future! I get a smile on my face when I think of her stitching and it connects us even more and the tradition that my dear sister started when I was just 10 years old and she put a needle in my hand and said you will do this! Who knew then that this would happen! I just know she is smiling down on us! It simply makes me happy!

I am grateful that I can share my love of cross stitch with my niece........

May your needle fly through your fabric.........

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Juls! Her stitches are sooo neat... she's a natural. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your niece has made a beautiful start Juls. There's no wonder you are proud.

    Your Cinderella Sampler is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I would be proud too. Her stitches are wonderful. I'm sure the bug has bit and she'll be accumulating patterns like the rest of us hopeless addicts! Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like she had a wonderful teacher! She is doing just amazing. I was hoping we would be able to see her work!!! Looking forward to seeing it complete!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely progress by your niece. And what a great teacher she has.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray!! Love hearing about new converts to our addiction. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her work looks lovely. It is just so great when a person finds a craft they love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be extremely proud also. I have a daughter and 7 nieces and so far ZILTCH! no one wants to learn :-(
    Maybe one day i can persuade one of them to learn. but tell your niece that she is doing wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great start! Must be in the genes! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how wonderful! Well, of course her stitches are perfect. Look who she has for teachers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so exciting!! She is doing a beautiful stitchy job!!

    I LOVE your Cinderella Sampler! It's amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. No wonder you are a proud Aunt! You've all the reasons to be. I'm sure your niece will tame that piece in no time.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.