I was planning a new start that day but the fabric I had from my stash just wasn't working with the thread that I wanted to use so I waited till wednesday and was going to get a piece from the shop. All of her precut 1/8 weren't working so I went with an overdyed fat 1/4 and it was worth it since I can use it for another project. I went with 32ct African daisy a very pretty yellow. I asked my dear MIL her favorite color since the new start was for her and she said yellow...an answer I didn't expect but it worked since dear hubby really liked Freedom from A Gentle Art overdyed thread. Here is a progress picture after only 4 or 5 days of stitching...
It's hard to see the pretty fabric...I'll try and take a better picture when it's done...I plan on that being tonight!!!! I plan on getting it framed and giving it to her when we visit in june as a belated Mother's day gift. I do hope she like it. I'm thinking of a whitewashed frame...any ideas????
And lastly here is a progress picture of my Stitching Fairy from Passione Ricamo
As you can see I went with a very subtle thread color! I do like bright!
I did a hard Pilates workout yesterday and she bumped up my springs on some of the routines including the arm series and added some new exercises. I am feeling it today but it's a good feeling. I've been thinking I needed to step it up! That's what I love about Pilates it is so fun and you actually get a great workout and usually it's one that you can do while lying down!!!!! Sweet!!!! Even after two years I am not bored since there are so so many routines! And then I think she makes some up but even that works to my benefit!!!!!
I then came home and watched Farrah's Story which I had DVR'd earlier this week. I was amazed by her strength and courage. I have always loved her and this show was so worth it. The love she is surrounded by was inspirational to me! I highly recommend watching it! Being a former oncology nurse it touched my heart and made me realize that I miss my cancer patients and just how much they enriched my life.....it also made me think of my sister and how much I miss her but I know that she is always in my heart and I can still feel her love and always will! ((((((((((Maureen)))))))))))
For all of the Blackbird Designs fans out there....they have posted a freebie to their blog and it is so pretty!
That's all for now as I'm off to stitch....
P.S. I changed my blog template once again and this time I think it'll stay. I like it finally.....
I am grateful for my life and all that I have......
May your needle fly through your fabric.........
Now that's MY KIND OF PARTY!!
ReplyDeleteGood food, good friends and good stitching!
Your wips are so pretty and I'm sure your MIL will love her gift:)
Pilates sounds like something I should try.
Been keeping Farrah and her family/friends in my prayers.
Love your new background:)
I just love the personal get togethers! I've had a couple at my house, but never anything on an annual basis. I know you like fairies....have you seen the new Chatelaine design? I already signed up for it!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a fantastic time Juls!
ReplyDeleteYour WIPs are so pretty. I always love seeing what you're stitching.
Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!!! Love your stitching progress, both pieces look just lovely!
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by my blog. :0) You have stitched & are stitching so many beautiful pieces - really enjoyed my browse. :0)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fantastic time, Juls!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great, stitchy time was had by all!
ReplyDeleteOh that looks like so much fun.Wish I had been there. Isn't it great to have such good stitching friends.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the 'annual stitchin' pictures Juls. I just pulled up a chair and joined all you dear friends.
ReplyDeleteBoth Maureen & Hilly would have loved to be there. I still think it is so amazing that you and I met through the passing of our {{dear sisters}} and developed this warm friendship.
love and hugs, Margaret
Wow, all of your stitching looks wonderful! And what a great stitching gathering you had-I wish I could do something like that here, but my house is too small. It sure looks fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you had an awesome day with your friends.
ReplyDelete