+

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Quickly my dears

To start I thought I'd post a favorite picture of my sister Maureen especially since I seem to write about her a lot lately and I feel it's always good to put a face with a name....
She is my inspiration and the reason I stitch today. Thank you dear sister for giving me the passion with which I stitch! With every stitch we are still connected......

Here is my latest finish all framed and ready to be gifted to my dear MIL.... It is an italian design by Renato Parolin done with Freedom thread on 32ct African Daisy linen!!!! I will be giving her this as a late Mother's day gift when we visit NY in June!!!!! Yes DH got his time off approved which means we are going to visit and go to his friends wedding in NYC! It'll be for a long weekend but still it'll be fun! Now to get a new dress for this wedding!!!! The only down side is we will be mssing the Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood concert but that can't be helped.....
Next up is my new do.......I did it I cut all my hair off and I am loving it......Here's a picture though not the greatest.... I did it for the first time today and not a blowdryer or flatiron was needed!!!!!!! And she also lightened the color by one level so it's a bit brighter!!!!! I feel cool!!!!!! I have to add that this cut is not as brave as it seems since I had a similar style many many moons ago........
Next is my fabric choice for Mirabilia's Circle of Friends......which is crying out to be started....so maybe more than likely probably when I return from NY ...if I can wait that long..... and the fabric by Silkweaver.... I plan to place the design so the hands are right below the white area....kinda for a reaching for the clouds effect!!!! I did a floss toss and it works beautifully!!!!
I need to dash to try out my new vacuum...a Dyson Animal....before an evening of stitching and movie watching! Oh and in case you're wondering I do have a new start....
I was trying to be good but I have been staring at the model in the shop and wanting to do this piece longer than I can recall and as a friend from my wednesday stitching group said......"I've heard that for a while now" so I figured it was time and would make a good travel piece......
I am grateful for long days off and pool season.....
Keeping Farrah Fawcett in my prayers and thoughts daily..........
May your needle fly through your fabric.........

12 comments:

  1. You look a lot like your sister. Cute summer haircut! Your MIL will love her gift and the *friends* pattern will look great on the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had the chance to say on Facebook, but your new haircut is so fabulous - it's gorgeous!

    (I'll look forward to seeing your progress on Circle of Friends!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new do. It changes your look completely. Love the piece you did for you MIL.
    Love that new Mira - show it on the blog!
    Glad you are able to go to NYC. That brings you closer to where I am - not much but some - I will wave to you across the lake lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish!
    I am going to my LNS to get fabric for Circle of Friends this weekend too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your sister look so much alike. And it's great that you're both stitchers (more stash???). And I like your haircut - the shorter ones are always so much easier to take care of! The piece you did for you MIL is very nice. She is sure to love it! And I like both your upcoming stitches! I don't think I've seen the BOAF design before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Juls, I love your new 'do... it is so cute. Circle of Friends? Love it and I can't wait to see your WIPs and (I really like that fabric), too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sister is very lovely! Love the finish! It looks fantastic in that frame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great frame! :)
    Love the doo! Cool! You resemble your sister very much....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sister is very pretty Juls. Thank you for sharing a photo of her.

    Love your new haircut! It really suits you.

    Your MIL will love the piece you stitched for her. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post Juls. It is so good to meet sweet Maureen. I must find a picture of Hilly to send you.

    Love your hair. You look so pretty!!

    Oh my - new stitching pieces and new fabbie. What a joy this hobby of ours is.

    Great that you are going to NYC - have fun, fun, fun.

    hugs, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool new look & a lovely pic of your DSis. Love the finish & the fabric for CofF - looks way nicer than the one the design is stitched on. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. M was a beautiful woman.
    I am sure the wedding will be a huge success.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.