+

Monday, August 24, 2009

Oh my..... Lions, Tigers and Bears.....and WIP's

Well now that I have your attention...do you still remember me??? It's been so long and I really must blame my new toy oh I mean phone...a Blackberry Curve since getting it I am spending less time on the computer which is good but more time on the phone! I need to find a way to balance that.... So here I am posting finally! And let me say I have been stitching and even finishing.....amazing I know! I have lots of pictures and even a cool link! First the finishes.... This was Dh birthday present My Everything © Sampler Girl. When he opened it he was stunned and speechless which I took as a positive reaction and it was! This was a fun fast stitch that I thoroughly enjoyed and am even contemplating stitching it again as a present for the friends that just got married...she is a big fan of love notes and this certainly fits that!!!! Next is the Blackbird freebie © Red Sampler that I did as a memory piece for my sister who first put a needle and thread in my hand! I picked the frame and had a dear friend Adele from wednesday stitching group frame it for me! Thanks again Adele !!!! I love it and it now has a place of honor on my wall...
. It's hard to see but the frame is a black wood with gold trim and fits the piece perfectly!!!!!
Next are some WIP updates ....first is Cirque des Carreaux © by Ink Circles
I am using a DMC thread on PTPlus Crystal Davinci 32ct linen adnd am loving the effect! And since it's not an overdyed thread I can stitch in rows and not have to cross each x as I go!!!!
I was bad on my birthday this week and started something new and not a small piece either......but Thriller © by Sampler Cove and here is what I have so far...

Not too shabby for a days work.....I did change the red to an orange actually Pagoda Red by Thread Gatherer. I just liked the combo better! Next is another new start not sure how I snuck this in ..let me just say that I love Nantucket and think it's a bit of heaven on earth so when I saw this I couldn't or wouldn't resist....Nantucket Summer Sampler ©
. I think that might be it for Wip's....
I am going to start this beauty on November 1st ...and have picked out my thread and fabric.....
I changed the green and red but kept the gold.... It's Quaker Christmas © . I'll post the details soon.....Are you tired of reading yet....there is a bit more...
Here is the link I promised for the most sweet charming charts... Jardin Prive . And here is the chart I had to have .....it was my birthday present to myself!
My Lady's Quaker © which of course I want to start yesterday......there is even an online SAL starting up for it! Don't you just love her hair and dress! I am so into Quaker inspired things lately.....let's not forget I started Quaker Gone Tropic © a while back! And yes I have made progress on that as well...
And this beauty found it's way home with me as well a while back... Sleeping Beauty © by the same designer that did Cinderella Sampler ©..if I could only remember the name.....Why is it that I seem to be loving the big pieces.......

Here is a picture of my bday presents from DH who really did spoil me this year!!!! In there is a gift card for Sephora
Just what I wanted and also the Underword Trilogy DVD!!!!!
And is closing have you seen the new Mirabilia © Shakespeares Fairies!!!! Oh my I am in love once again!!!!!

I am grateful for so many wonderful things in my life....

May your needle fly through your fabric.........

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Juls!!! Looks like it was wonderful!! So many beautifully framed finishes and wips!! Stitcher's heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what wonderful birthday gifts from your DH. Love the WIPs and can't wait to see your progress on Quaker Christmas and My Lady's Quaker. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! you have lots of new things!
    Love your blog!
    I just wanted to say that I completed the Quaker Christmas one last year, took me about 7 months and it was the most fun project I've ever stitched! Enjoy!
    I used the colors called for in the pattern and they did appear almost like black when stitched. I hang mine in the family room all year.
    Jennifer
    http://www.feathersinthenest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovelies! But I wouldn't stitch "My Everything" for a friend who likes love notes. The next line in the poem is: "I thought that love would last forever, I was wrong." It's an elegy. And I'd be pissed if someone stitched that for my wedding! But it is wonderful of you to want to stitch something to commemorate your friend's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belated warm birthday wishes there girl.
    I loved looking at all your stitched, framed and in progress pieces. You put me to shame with all your beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Juls,
    First of all a belated happy birthday. It is so strange not to be there when my friends are celebrating and I'm sure I missed a very yummy cake. Wonderful gifts from DH.

    Love all those amazing finishes and of course the wonderful starts. I've been eying the Quaker Lady too - she is too cute for words.

    Hugs, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, happy birthday! All your WIPS look so pretty, and the finished/framing is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy late b-day!!! All of your stitching looks fantastic! The framed piece looks great as well!! Lovely gifts from the hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such lovely framing! Great projects you have in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated Happy Birthday wishes. Lots of nice goodies & gorgous WIP's & soon to be WIP. Love MLQ. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.