+

Monday, September 7, 2009

A lazy day....

I am back with my most recent updates. It seems like the last few days I have been stitching non-stop!!!!! So enjoy the pictures!!! First is Thriller© by Sampler Cove ........
I am really enjoying the flow on this one! I changed the colors to Pagoda red and India Ink by Thread Gatherer...the color is more Halloweeny to me...here's a close-up
Next is My Lady's Quaker © by Jardin Prive . I seem to be focusing all of my efforts on her this weekend....and a close-up of the Lady I decided to do her all in one color...Cupid by Crescent Colors on a French Latte 32ct linen...one small problem did arise even with 3skeins...15 yards I may not have enough....and the dyelots of the newer skeins aren't  match but I didn't panic....here's my solution....I'm doing the alphabet in 815 by DMC an almost perfect match minus the overdyed effect!!! So I am happy once again!!!!!! I've only been at her a week or so and am loving her. I even feel in love with her partner My Gentleman's Quaker so I ordered him today...I'm thinking an overdyed blue for him......
I am grateful for solutions....

May your needle fly through your fabric.........

8 comments:

  1. Great progress on both your WIP's. Really do like the Lady. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look up that Thriller pattern. I've not seen it in real life anywhere! It looks great though. So does your sweet quaker lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching...I love the color you chose for Thriller!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, lazy days and stitching. Doesn't get much better than that. Love your progresses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching looks lovely! Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow you're doing Quaker Lady! I have just seen the SAL for this. Very tempting. Hey I also have A Quaker Christmas all kitted up but I won't be starting her till January next year. Maybe I'll join you then? xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching is lovely Juls! I too have the Lady and Gentleman to do :o) I just got the threads today. I can't wait. She's looking fine and I'm glad to hear you found a good solution.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all is well with you Juls.

    Great projects. I'm working on the Quaker Lady too and love her. Great solution to your thread issue.

    hugs, Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.