+

Monday, September 28, 2009

I have been busy!!!!

I have been stitching and just not finding the time to post! I have to get better at this! I was amazed that my last post was on the 7th.....

My Lady's Quaker is done and she is so pretty and with lots of attitude if I do say so myself!!!! I stitched her on 32ct Country French Latte and used Crescent Colors Cupid!!! Just one color I love monochromatic designs but I had 3 skeins which I thought was enough but even with being a miser with the thread I wa short and the dyelots at my LNS wer way too bright! Two friends even looked in their stash and had some but still too bright...is this post sounding like Goldilocks to anyone else....haha. I went to DMC 815 and it was a near perfect match!!! I used almost an entire skein and I don't believe you can tell where at al! big sigh of relief from me a a prayer to the thread gods was offered! I was truly very lucky!!!!! Here goes with pictures....





Don't you just adore the hands on the hips and her wonderfully bizarre hair!!! These quaker designs are so beautiful in their simplicity....I am quickly becoming addicted to them..In addition to Quaker Christmas which has a November 1st start I added Quaker virtues to my stash and have the silk thread on order.....just 17 skeins should complete it....Now to find a way to work it in....haha Thanks for looking She was stitched in about 3 weeks time more so because of the thread issue but really  I simply could not put her down.....The Gentleman is on the short list to start !!!!!

I also had another start and finish in just  3 days but as I'm not sure if the recipient reads my blog I will have to withhold on posting the finished pics! But I promise to post as soon as she receives it!!!

I am wiped from work today so I'm off to get a cup of tea and cuddling time with puppy......then maybe some stitching .....

Hope everyone is well and I have been reading just not commenting so I truly apologize and hope to comment soon! All of your works are beautiful!!!!!

I am grateful for stitching and the joy it brings an for the may friends I've made beacause of stitching.....

May your needle fly through your fabric....

15 comments:

  1. love this pattern where is it from? very nice finish well done :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so pretty....I keep watching these get finished and I keep thinking....about.....buying....the....chart.... :)
    Yours is gorgeously done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely job you have done on Quaker lady. You are right she does have attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous finish & lovely colour choice. Enjoy the happy Dance. :0) This one is definitely going on my Wish List.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the finish, she turned out beautifully! I love her in one colour! I have her and the gentleman in my stash, but haven't started yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just that pattern and your finish. So happy that the thread worked out for you. I would never be able to tell where you had to use the different thread.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's wonderful Juls!!!! I can't wait to start mine :o) You may have pushed me over the edge. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Juls!! She's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful!! I love that pattern! Congrats on a gorgeous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your finish! Adore the colour too. I hadnt seen this one before you started stitching it, i might add this to my wish list now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You kick stitchy bee-hind. I really enjoy your choices. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy!!! She looks lovely and haughty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love My Lady's Quaker! Congratulations on your finish! She is beautiful. I love your fabric and thread choices. I keep seeing this design being stitched on blogs and I am about to cave and order both her and her gentleman friend, I think. :) Can't wait to see your Quaker Christmas start. I have that one languishing in my WIP pile. It is a very pretty design.

    Have a great rest of the week! Glad to see you posting again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. She looks like so much fun! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.