I have so much to share which I meant to do last night but for whatever reason Blogger was not cooperating....So first is the stitched gift that I sent back East for my Sister-in-law's birthday and to be quite truthful I think of her as a sister !!!!! So here goes all framed Take Time to Scrapbook © Jeannette Douglas
She absolutely loved it!!!!! I had fun with this one especially getting the picture that small.....the entire piece is smalller than my Gingher scissors! It was well appreciated as I knew it would be!!!!
Next is Simply Live © The Primitive Needle done with the Valdani Threads. This pattern just spoke to me and I of course had to start it!!!!!
Next is a finish which I may not have posted so here is the 2007 Fairy Celebration © PR all done
And here Calipso mermaid © PR
I just love the fabric and thread it was truly serendipity that it came together. I thought the fabric looked like a deep part of the ocean and the thread just complimented it so well of course I had to start her......Yes we are almost done... Next is Pretty Pumpkins © Glendon Place a wip that called out to me last night so a few stitches got placed after finding all the threads in the basket but that's how these pieces get done one stitch at a time!
I received the best surprise from Cheryl from Scotland
A blogaversary gift from 2 years ago and it was well worth the wait!!!! Thanks again Cheryl!!!! I do love my tea and will be sipping tonight!!!!!
That's all from me for tonight! I worked today and just wanted to post all day so I had to sit down and finally post! I hope this finds everyone busy stitching! Oh and the Annual stitching Retreat was so wonderful! A whole day of stitching and being with friends! And it has morphed into twice a year with 2 others hosting a Spring Stitch In!!!!!
Oh and yes I have changed my blog background once again and I am truly finally happy with it!!!
I am grateful for friends far and near......
May your needle fly through your fabric.....
Stunning, girl simply stunning. Your fabrics are all so gorgeous. Your stitch choices - awesome. Nice work. They should all keep your needles flying for the foreseeable future.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. All those WIPs! Those are definitely going to keep you busy for quite some time. But the more WIPs the better, right? Lovely finish on the Jeannette Douglas piece.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a pretty lot of WIPs!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, beautiful WIPs!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVING all your projects! And the gift you made your sister is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteWow, so many great stitching projects!! Lovely progress on Little Witch!
ReplyDeleteEverything looks beautiful, Juls. You and Christine are leaving me and my dizzy head in the dust on Little Witch! I did manage to get some done on her this week, though. I'll post a picture soon.
ReplyDeleteThe birthday gift is just gorgeous!!! All of your stitching progress looks amazing! Just love the package you received as well. Surprises are always so nice to get, aren't they?
ReplyDeleteLots of fabulous WIP's & a gorgeous finish. Loved seeing all the pics. :0)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful piece for your SIL. No wonder she loved it so much.
ReplyDeleteLove all your WIPs Juls and am looking forward to seeing them this Wednesday. I'll only be bringing along 'My Lady's Quaker'. Have left the last row of the alphabet for stitching at SP.
See you soon.
hugs, Margaret
Oh wow, so many beautiful things--they are all just gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI'm having a focus problem too!! but you're making such pretty progress on so many projects!! Love the birthday gift!!
ReplyDeleteHoly smokes you've been busy! I love the scrapbooking piece you did for your SIL...how cool is that?
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love Take Time to Scrapbook. What a lovely piece and I bet your SIL will treasure it:)
ReplyDeleteAll of your WIPs are so beautiful:) I always love the pieces you stitch:)
Hey there, Juls. I have a question about the WIP that you have marked as PR Calipso mermaid. I'm a little confused, as it doesn't look like the Calipso on PR's site? I love anything with stars, so your start on this one is very attractive to me and I'd like to figure out where to get it.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone.....I have been really enjoying them all!
ReplyDeleteAnd Jenna the PR Mermaid is called Calipso Silhouette and it's a freebie on her site...tried to e-mail you but couldn't so I hope you read this!!!
Wow congrats on all those accomplishments. They are all beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how many WIPs you have going at once! WOW!
ReplyDeleteNo wonder your SIL was happy with her gift. That is just beautiful :o)
Hope all is well there. Just sent you an email.
ReplyDeletehugs, Margaret
I LOVE pretty pumpkins! That pattern has been in my stash forever, you make me want to pull it out and kit it up! Stunning. Joy
ReplyDelete