And now onto the fun stuff! I recently took up knitting!!!!! I took a beginning knitting class and I love it . I finished my first scarf...........
and I am in love with it...so please get cool quick!!!!! And next is the beginning of the shawl I am knitting .....the ruffle was intimidating but not hard and the shop owner adjusted the pattern for one color! It a heathery grey with lots of purple and a bit of green!!!!!! Next up is a sweater but first I must finish the shawl! I am further along and it's looking soooo sooo pretty!
I have had a finish in stitching too......Allow me to present Eiffel Tower Quaker © Jardin Prive done in one color on 40ct Light Exemplar with Antique Rose by Gentle Arts. It came out very antique and faded looking and I love it!!!!!
I stitched my name and date in the foot of the tower legs!!!!!
And on to other news !!!!!! I am blond again and have decided to keep my pixie haircut!!!!! I finally went to a new hairdresser and just adore her!!!!!! She does the pixie cut perfectly!!! It was hard to make the change but am so very glad I did!!!!!! It's a perfect cut for Vegas....no hairdryer need apply!!!!!!!
I'm off to make dinner and stitch some more!!!!! Thanks for reading this far! And as you may have noticed if you've read this far that I've done away with the "I'm grateful" just a personal decision as I try and be grateful in my everyday life and no longer feel the need to post my grateful thoughts.
Tree of Hope. I am planning the fabric in my head with the help of my LNS shop owner so it'll be a new start soon !!!!!! I'm thinking of something with a subtle sparkle!!!!! Wasn't sure about it when it came out but now it's in my head and I love it!!!!!! And since for my birthday month I receive a discount on one piece of fabric this may as well be the one!!!!!!I must ask a question that got asked of me recently.....If you had a year to yourself where would you spend it? Remember this is about you!!!! I truly can't wait to see your answers!

If I had a year to myself and didn't have to work and money was no object. Then I would love to be in a house on a beach or by some kind of water. With my laptop, audiobooks and cross stitching. Just doing what I feel like doing that day.
ReplyDeleteA year to myself.... hmmmm..... I am not sure. Probably just at home with all my projects, books, and movies. :)
ReplyDeleteLove all your stitching! I have recently learned to knit too and I am just crazy about it. It is so much fun!
Love your scarf and your shawl is looking gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteYour WIPs are beautiful and I love your Eiffel Tower finish.
A year to myself...... probably a lovely little log cabin with my girls and DH and my stitching. Away from everyone else who causes me pain and upset!
Congrats on finishing your first scarf! The ruffle on your shawl looks lovely!
ReplyDeleteYour Eiffel Quaker is Stunning, love it!
Lovely work on all of your projects, Juls! I particularly enjoyed seeing your Eiffel Quaker as I have been considering stitching it with just one floss colour as well.
ReplyDeleteLove your Eiffel Quaker! I have that chart as well and have been considering doing it as a monochromatic. After seeing yours, I definitely think I'll go that route. :)
ReplyDeleteHmmm...a year to myself. I'd probably grab up a bunch of stash and go to Hawaii. I love it there!
Love that Eiffel Quaker! It's beautiful in the Antique Rose!
ReplyDeleteA year to myself...that would be books, movies, and stitching probably in a cabin or little cottage somewhere on the coast of England, Ireland or Wales. Never been there, but my heart longs to go...
Great you're blogging again so everyone can see your lovely projects. Personally I feel lucky to once again be able to see them in person.
ReplyDeleteGreat knitting and as always beautiful stitching. I love your latest buy.
See you Wednesday.
I'd be in a cottage in the English Lake District enjoying the fabulous scenery & walking - or in a small motorhome touring my country, visiting all the places I've ever wanted to see. :0)
ReplyDeleteGreat first knitting projects. Lovely finish & WIP. I love the new Nora piece too & am hoping Santa will be kind. ;0)
That garter stitch scarf is awesome!
ReplyDelete