+

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

For Jay

Jay a friend was visiting from Australia and as always wanted to see my knitting...a project here a project there ...you get the idea! I really wanted to make this baby kimono but unsure of my knitting skills I hesitated....enter Jay.....you can do it and I did . It's going to friends in NY the same friends I made the lilac baby blanket...... I did shorten the sleeves a bit.... I panicked and thought I would run out of yarn but of course I didn't. I actually may have enough for a hat .....

6 comments:

  1. Great going, Juls!! This is adorable!! Can't wait to see the hat. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wild, so talented! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well! I see that you finished it! I knew you could!!! Seeing how we were having dinner when you started it, by my calculations, I’m guessing it only took you about 10-12 days to finish it. You done good, and its beautiful Juls! See, you can do it! I’m sure the soon to be created matching hat will also be wonderful, and the baby will love it. Seeing how the sleeves are shortened, you can always knit a pair of fingerless gloves to go under the sleeves if the baby’s hands and arms get cold. She will be the talk of her friends with a pair of those! Of course that will lead to you getting all kinds of orders for them, so many in fact, that you will have to quit your job just so you can stay home and knit just to keep up with all the demand. Yep, I see change in your future. See, you CAN do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much....I would love to quit my day job........But not quite yet.....You inspired me!!!! -

      Delete
  4. Lovely knitted thing! Lucky little baby!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.