+

Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday....................


I can't believe I've had almost a week off due to a migraine and haven't stitched....Yes I know "headaches be damned" ....I'm quoting my dear brother there. So I am going to stitch all day. I did a work thing that was long overdue. The picture however bad is of the Miraculous Birth Sampler now to be known as MBS.....just the picture and supplies. I have since changed the material from the pretty waterlily jobelan to an antique white jobelan. I will post a picture of both side by side (I hope) early next week with what I did on the waterlily and you'll see why I switched out the material. I like the picture on the left! More practice and I'm getting better with pics! Now if someone can tell me simply how to link with just a name (like everyone else does) I'd be most grateful!

Oh and before I forget My MIL comes next week for Thanksgiving! I'm so looking forward to her visit. I am really blessed with a wonderful MIL! She treats me like a daughter. I actually have a better relationship with her than with my own mother. That's a long boring story that I won't post about. So it's a big cup of earl grey tea and stitching all day since DH is at a conference! Have a good day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Your day of stitching sounds wonderful!

    To link to someone's blog, first go to the posting screen and write your post. Highlight the person's name and then click on the icon that looks like a green circle (world) with a chain link over it. It's on top of the post box, where the font and color icons are. You'll be prompted to enter their URL. Just type their blog address after the http:// and click OK. That should do it! Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen! I'll try that. I didn't get as much stitching done as I wanted but it felt good to put needle to material!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie, so sorry you are feeling so bad. I suffer from migraines as well, They are simply awful. One small trick that helps me is to lie in a cool dark room. You want to try and draw the blood away from your head. Place your feet on a nice heating pad or hot water bottle. I got one of those small plug in kinds. Then put something really cold on your head, even a bag of frozen peas or corn will work if you don't have one of those frozen head packs. You can listen to nice soothing music if you wish. You just need a time out to try and calm down. Of course you can try another more expensive treatment that makes me feel better - shopping for stash!!! Hope this helps. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks anonymous! I usually catch them before they get bad...the ice packs do work and the dark room works too. I just missed all the signals last week since I hadn't had one in a month or so. I have to try the heating pad on the feet. I feel better so far. Thanks for your good wishes! And stash shopping definitely helps. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.