+

Saturday, January 13, 2007

My Surprise

Hi all...sorry this is so very late but I worked today and am just unwinding from a trying day. And without much further ado.....my surprise no wait. I guess it was my surprise but it was really for dear hubby. It was an Art Garfunkel concert..... I see some of you going who???? He was big in the 60's part of Simon & Garfunkel...ahhh. Now don't get me wrong I like a good concert but as I said to hubby as we waited to valet the car (in Vegas you always valet the car right dear brother) "just please admit this is really for you my dear? I mean the minute you heard he was appearing you got the tickets......made it a surprise for me....you have to get the day off....but really be honest it's for you" His response "no of course not it's for you". Me " when's the last time I listened to Art Garfunkel???? I mean U2, REM, Dave Matthews, Cowboy Junkies okay maybe Enya threw ya...." and then he said "okay I really wanted to see him" Me "was that so hard" LOL. The show was actually good alot of his standards and his voice has held. I did enjoy it. The only weird part was when he sang "Cecelia" with his 12 year old son.....who was dressed in hot pink, white sequin jacket and diamond ring. But maybe I'm being too picky. If you don't know the words to Cecelia check them out before you think I'm being harsh. We went out to a really nice dinner...so it was a great date night for us! So there you have it my surprise. And yes we have tickets to Phantom of The Opera later this month!!!

My fabrics came from the FOTM club as well as the limited edition hand dyeds I managed to sneak in on. I'll try and post tomorrow. They really are so pretty. It's going to be a treat to get the monthly fabrics. I really want to make some progress on the Miraculous Birth Sampler this week. And will try and post on Thursday! Well I'm seeing double so I'm off......

I am grateful to have tomorrow off and that Joann's has DMC floss on sale.....6 for .96cents limit 30skeins. (I'm going) LOL

3 comments:

  1. that was the surprise?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time! The Cecilia song sounds a little weird...I agree with you!
    Can't wait to see more of the Miraculous Birth Sampler!
    You go get those DMC!! Our Joann's is having the same deal...so I'm going too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I did know who Art Garfunkel was as soon as you mentioned his name! I'm a huge music fan. I'm glad you had a good time... although I'm glad your point was acknowledged. I picked up 60 DMC this weekend.... grrr....

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.