+

Thursday, February 1, 2007

It's thursday

Not a very original title but so it is... I want to start by saying thank you to everyone who commented with good wishes for my mom....you know who you are! Well I've had two Pilates classes and I love love love it!!!! I was a little hesitant and not sure what to expect at first. But the instructor is amazing and as I've said the studio is new and the equipment is new as well! I have signed up for more classes.....the month of february twice a week! I already feel more energy and not as sore as I thought I would be after be sedentary for a few years. I am thoroughly enjoying it. It seems to be a different workout each time. The class sizes are no more than 3 to 5 so it really is individualized with one on one. And after my session today I used a "core trainer" well let's just say it is a machine that I'll be using again!!! I highly recommend Pilates!!!!!

I spent the morning making pasta sauce with meatballs and sausage for Superbowl sunday at a friends house. A bit much but she's a good friend and it'll be fun. I'm also going to make my from scratch brownies that morning. I'm making myself hungry.....I will have to sample some sauce for dinner. My dear MIL taught me step by step when she visited a while back. And now hubby can't tell the difference (and neither could his uncle (her brother)) from my MIL's sauce. I take that as a high compliment!!! Then it's stitching time since hubby is working tonight. I'm off to shower and dinner.

P.S. I managed to add pictures of my current projects to my sidebar! I'm not quite sure exactly how I did it...I started out with just a list and didn't like the look of it. So I fooled around a little and the pictures are the end result.....and each picture is clickable and will enlarge. Too cool !!!!!

I am thankful for discovering Pilates and new muscles that have been hiding.....

8 comments:

  1. Love the "Current Progress" pictures! I'm happy you're enjoying your Pilates class. From what I understand, you start to see results very quickly. Your sauce sounds yummy. Have fun Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to come and leave "princess notes" makes me feel majestic :) LOL!!!

    Anyway...pilates sound wonderful...I'll have to check out our studios here.

    Your projects look fabulous and I love the way have them on your sidebar :)

    You are making me crazy hungry talking about your spaghetti sauce with meatballs and your from scratch brownies....and all I have to look forward to today is granola, yogurt and a Lean Cuisine...wanna fly me west?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great you found some exercise classes you enjoy! I tried Pilates, and although I enjoy yoga more, it really did improve my core strength, even I could notice it.

    I love all your sidebar WIP pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the Pilates! I love Pilates, and you really feel like you've gotten a workout afterwards! Your WIPs look great - love the Wicked piece. Eric and I have tickets to see it in April, it was sold out last time it was here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got that "rested" tone back....good to hear. Have the pilates helped with the migraines? Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun at your Superbowl party. I love Pilates too - and the instructor in a class usually makes all of the difference. I'm so happy that you found a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Juls! Love your blog as well... and I've been visiting it often! Your WIP's look great on your sidebar... I've been trying to figure out how to do that... if you remember how you managed it, please let me know!

    Pilates sounds wonderful! I'm happy you are enjoying it!

    Yummmm made from scratch Brownies... I'm wishing I had some now... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment :o)
    Pilates sounds like something a wizard should do. In Dutch, we have another way of saying abacadabra, and it's 'hokus pokus pilatus pas'. I don't suppose it's the same sort of pilates?
    Just joking. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.