I tried posting this once and blogger didn't cooperate....it's probably floating somewhere so here goes, maybe it'll be better this time....
I looked at the date of my last post and can hardly believe it's been 10 days......it's not like I haven't been around because I have! I've been reading and keeping up but somehow time seems to just get eaten up......I can't explain it! Let me start with the Superbowl party which was fun, my sauce and brownies were a hit! I didn't think the commercials were anything special this year and am glad the Colts won.... Now I seem to be getting sick...scratchy throat no fever though. So I've been drinking lots of tea and juice and soup and today's a pajama day! I love pajama days!!!! And yesterday the census was down at work so I was able to leave 2 hours early and hubby made me my favorite soup and a big cup of tea when I got home and took care of me!!!! I stayed under the covers a while till I felt a bit better. Not sure if I should visit the docs tomorrow or wait...I'll see how tonight goes. Let's see the rest of the week....I had a bad migraine on thursday but took my medicine (with a spoon full of sugar LOL) and it eased up so I went to Pilates class were she promptly said you look like s**t... oh thank you so much! LOL But she was able to tailor my workout with exercises to help my migraine and I did feel better! She was amazed I even showed up! I won't let a migraine run my life any longer! I just can't.... She also gave me some at home/work exercises to do to help with my migraines.
Oh and once I started feeling better I stitched and I stitched..........how long you ask? I looked up and it was 4am.....I know not good for my sore thought but oh so good for my peace of mind and confidence. I was at the point in MBS where the specialty stitches were starting ...... I did the first one!!!!! The Eyelet Variation....and it was so cool! Not as hard as I had built it up to be just a matter of following the diagram and the numbers. The next one is The Twisted Heart but I have a while for that since it's at the end.....no pictures just yet... Definitely more stitching tonight since hubby is working....
And on another note.....next thursday will be a year that my Dad has passed and I didn't even realize it until I read my brother Duncan's blog! Great job Duncan! He put into words so amazingly the things that were knocking around in my head and couldn't find a window or a door to step out of......I only have this to say my Dad was difficult at best but he was my Dad and I do miss him and his sparkly blue Irish eyes! Even now the tears don't come.....someday maybe....
I am grateful for pajama days and memories .............
Was wondering where you were!Pajama day sounds great by the way!!
ReplyDeleteI've missed you! I kept checking...and nothing... :)
ReplyDeleteGlad your back!
PJ days are the BEST! I've not had one in a while...so...I'm due!
Low Census days are GREAT! Maybe not so great at Pay Day...but great the day you get to go home early :)
Well I hope the migraines stay away and I'm looking forward to a project picture to see all your progress!
{[hugs}}
Pajama Day sounds awesome, and it sounds like you got a ton of stitching done! You'll have to show pics! Earl Grey is one of my favorites!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better and getting back to stitching. I know the slump was killing you. I cannot wait to see the updates. Glad you've got your groove back! Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteJamie
thanks Juls...I wondered why i was thinking of him so much...then it dawned on me...
ReplyDeletethanks Juls...I wondered why i was thinking of him so much...then it dawned on me...
ReplyDeleteWe all need Pajama days now and again, Juls... I could so use one myself... :-) I'm glad your migraine eased up a wee bit...
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got so much stitching time in and I can't wait to see a progress piccy... :-)
{{{Hugs}}}