95 poems
i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you
here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life:which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart
i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
At which point I was crying.......but I had warned hubby so he was ready! It was perfect!
And now to answer the questions.......drumroll.....here goes:
1. Why did you leave New York for Las Vegas?
We came to Vegas alot on vacation and made friends with some people and saw where they lived. A house became available in their subdivision a gated community and we fell in love with it!!!! And then 9/11 happened and I was in the city that day not downtown but upper east side. I still remember it like it was yesterday. And I just became afraid, I would take the subway and have thoughts like "these are the people I'm going to die with" a bit crazy I know but still and we had the house in Vegas empty and my daily commute was 3 hours roundtrip, I was living in Westchester by then with the future hubby....so we moved.
2. If you could only stitch one more design and never stitch again, what design would you choose?
Really tough question to answer.... I've done so many beautiful TIAG and Mirabilia's that I thought my answer would be one of those but no. It's Sampler 4 Saisons by Anagram Diffuson. I actually have the chart and have been thinking of it a lot lately. So I may start it before the year is out. But hopefully it won't be my last piece ever. Those two questions are from Karen .
3. What is your favorite of all the cross stitches you've finished?
In looking through my album and thinking of all the ones I don't have pictures of.....it is hands down Cinderella by Mirabilia. I adored working on her! And a little secret my sister's nickname for me was Cinderella..... always said I saw the good in people whether they deserved it or not. Not sure that's true anymore.
A close second favorite would have to be
Just Flower Antique collection by Permin of Copenhagen. The backstitching alone was like a second project but oh so worth it when I saw my sister's face.......pure joy! This question was asked by Deanne .
4. What's your favorite memory in life?
Finally an easy one. Well not really...so many popped into my head at once! The standout is the summers we spent in Marlboro NY every year! Usually the same two places....we had summer friends and all! Dad would come up on the weekends. My Aunt and cousins were there as well. It was oh so much fun. I grew up in the city so getting to the country for 6 weeks in the summer was golden. And my next favorite memory was the night hubby proposed to me....it was so romantic under the stars, we were away for the weekend and had just had a couples massage and were in the spa and he was acting kind of nervous which was unusual .... and I knew he was going to ask. I don't know how. So I just let him be and he asked and I cried and said yes !!!!! This question was asked by Jamie .
I promise pictures of my fotm fabric tomorrow or thursday since tomorrow is jammed packed. And a picture of hubby's valentine's present. We celebrated yesterday since I was sick last week.
I am grateful for enchanted evenings and valentine's presents.....
What a wonderful poem :)
ReplyDeleteAnd your answers to the questions...well it just lets us know more of who you are, but your memories of your sister and summers and DH proposing...that is gold :)
That is such a beautiful poem! Thank you for sharing the answers to the questions. I truly enjoyed reading them and learning a bit more about you!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more! That poem is beautiful!
DeleteThank you for sharing those beautiful moments of your life.
Thank you for sharing the poem, it is lovely. A friend of mine used a cummings poem on their wedding invitations. Too beautiful! Your Cinderella is gorgeous. I keep thinking I need to stitch that design, and the framing it beautiful as well. No wonder it is a favorite.
ReplyDeleteit's funny...I had forgotten that poem...and your printing it had plunged me back into those moments. I speak before groups often, and had to give the toast at your wedding, but those were easy compared to reading that poem. I actually practiced it repeatedly before that night. I never told you that. I loved the poem and wanted it to be perfect for you and dh. How wonderful is it to share and hold someone's heart. I was just so nervous. My toast was a piece of cake comparatively. On so many levels, I am just so proud of you.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful poem Juls, and great answers to the questions, too!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your answers too!
ReplyDelete