The musings of an obsessed cross stitcher and Mirabilia junkie.....dreaming of hand dyed fabrics and floss...more than enough time to stitch and life in general. "The right to be ridiculous is something I hold dear" Bono "Not all who wander .....are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien
+
Thursday, February 15, 2007
a year has passed...
Today is a year to the day that my dad passed away. I flew in the night before and made it in time. In retrospect it was important for me to tell him that it was okay to leave and more importantly that I loved him! In my line of work so often I see family hanging on to loved ones and I always said that I would never do that and I didn't. He knew I was there....I whispered in his ear that I loved him and that it was okay to let go and to go to his God. I held his hand and said good-bye and as hard as it was it the only thing left to do...he had suffered for so long. And then just before he passed the hospice nurse woke my mom and me to say it was time. He died peacefully and I know he is breathing easily wherever he is. Here is a picture of us at his 70th birthday party ......when I was a redhead! It's a picture of a snapshot that my mom sent me so it's not the best picture.... Be happy Dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He's smiling down on you for your remembrance and fitting tribute to his life :)
ReplyDelete{{hugs}}
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I hope you had a good day filled with loving memories.
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine how much you must miss your dad. It's a great picture, he looks like he was a very sweet man.
ReplyDeleteThe first year is so hard, so many anniversaries to mark, but memories do get sweeter with time. {{{hugs}}}
ReplyDeleteBig hugs! Thanks for sharing your dad with us. So often we don't know how to let go of those that need to go. You telling him it was ok to go was the most loving thing you could possibly have done.
ReplyDelete{{{Hugs}}} Juls... Thanks for sharing your Dad with us... It's a beautiful photo and you both look so happy... He's always with you, Sweetie...
ReplyDeleteSo well said *hugs* Juls. We lost DH's Dad June 16, 2005 and there are still days I miss him so much I could cry. What a loving tribute.
ReplyDelete{{{ Hugs }}} Juls. I'm sorry for your loss.
ReplyDelete