+

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Part of Life

I truly hesitate writing this entry....but then again you are my friends! Let me say I am not writing this for sympathy but just to share and be human....I had an anniversary yesterday that I'd rather not remember at all. Most years I don't even give it a second thought but when I do remember it well it's like I got shot between the eyes at close range! And that's how it was this year. Actually the day before was worse...I was writing the date at work and I just stopped dead in my tracks with the memory almost like it was the day before and it's been 28 years! I usually get a severe migraine on the day....for years I never knew why till my therapist figured it out...and one was threatening but I was prepared and took my meds the night before and the day of.....and it didn't take hold...thankfully! As you all are probably guessing what happened I was raped. It's a fact of my life but some years it's just bizarre. I was shaky all day and had a good cry with a male (yes male) coworker. I went to all the counseling and such and integrated it into my life and the best is I came out the other side. I don't like saying survived never did. And I truly believe its helped make me the person I am today as strange as that may sound. Hubby didn't quite understand the feelings but after a short "I just need your support you don't need to understand" he was better! Yesterday the actual day was good...I went to Pilates and ran errands including going to my LNS. Yes I know I said something about being on the wagon but I never fully committed to it......maybe after this current haul.....it was a lot of charts some of which are on order including my first Passione Ricamo. Actually 2 from her. When I'm old and not gray I'll be well set with stash!


I may be scarce the next several days or so...my niece and big brother are coming to town tomorrow night and friday night......I am so thrilled! Actually beyond thrilled. I have lots planned and am so glad to be off work so the visit will be pure joy!!!! Not sure if any stitching will get done but my niece has some schoolwork so maybe when she is busy with that I can get a few stitches in....I am feeling better about stitching so mentally I am ready to pick up needle and thread! I'll be back with pictures and stories and stitching news!!!

I am thankful for feeling like stitching again and family visiting...

11 comments:

  1. You changed your blog again! {{{HUGS}}} You know you can email if you need to. I'm glad yesterday was a good day - that's GREAT!

    What PR charts did you get?? I'm loving The Night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juls--big hugs to you. I have been there and if I can do anything *smiles* I can't wait to see what PR you got! Love the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much....I actually screwed up my blog template and haven't been to bed yet...but by some miracle was able to get my old template back. I mean I couldn't access anything...glad you could tho....I ended up deleting the new template and copying and pasting the old one in and hoping it worked.... I'm feeling better and plan to take an extra Pilates class today.Have to exorcise those demons! Thank you dear friends! And thanks for being my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUGS!!! I've been there, too. I can't wait to see your new stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh BTW Juls - it's cold here today - I'm coming to jump in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brave lady to write that post. I'm really please that in the end it was as good day for you. Love and hugs all the way across "The Pond" x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. {Hug} You've been through a terrible ordeal. I can't even imagine how you must feel. You're very brave woman.

      Delete
  7. Big hugs - and it sounds like you are doing all the things you need to do to take care of yourself - including seeing that it has made you who you are today, which is a wonderful person! Can't wait to see which PR charts you got...they have some lovely pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I get older I like to think I get wiser...but maybe not (do Irish guys get wiser???.... hopefully). My sister is a woman of uncommon strength and heart. She has been a role model for my daughters in ways a simple "thank you" from me doesn't suffice. I just know I don't make a move without her input. Thank you baby...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only wish I had your strength and courage ((hugs)) I'm glad you had a good day

    ReplyDelete
  10. No words, Juls. Just lots of {{Hugs}}!! Glad you were able to ward off the migraine.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.