+

Sunday, March 18, 2007

A poll if you like....

Today is a good day! I had a good start with breakfast outside at the new table and chairs while I read my book and even did some work for class later this week... I'm doing the ACLS class finally that I've been meaning to take for a while. I had a crazy week between work and the pre-class for ACLS....the stone fell out of my engagement ring! But luckily I found it and took it to the jewelers that I trust the very next day and he's able to fix it and tell me what was wrong....I was rather perturbed to say the least. I mean I could have lost the stone anywhere and not found it. But my angels were looking out for me and it'll be back in a week to 10 days. I didn't want to leave it but to fix it right I had no choice.... And I am so enjoying reading "The Boleyn Inheritance"....I truly love the way she writes. I try to wait for books in paperback and I just couldn't with this book and am so glad I didn't. I love historical novels lately! I highly recommend reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" first, I read it years ago and loved it!

I put an official poll of sorts in my sidebar so please feel free to vote on it!!! I basically know the answer but it'll be good to see what the poll says by way of everyone's vote..... This slump has a lifeforce of it's own and I'm so very sick of it! I must break it! I remember years ago not even thinking about stitching or what I was stitching....I just picked up my needle and thread and stitched. No matter how tired I was never gave it a second thought and that's not the case now. I have the stash of my dreams now and I will break this slump!!!!!!!! The house is quiet...hubby is at the dogpark so I'm going to pick up needle and thread...maybe I'll take advantage of the extra light and stitch outside for a little while.... a big cup of earl grey and stitching....heavenly....I'll report back and if anyone has any advice...I'm open to it!!!

I'm grateful for nice mornings and books....

10 comments:

  1. Ooh lucky you being able to sit outside! We've gone from spring to snow in one weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your slump, I was in one later last year...just couldn't focus...I think a small project and finish will give you the results to turn the tide.
    So if you do a small project...what are ya going to pick?!
    Here's to good thoughts to you and a break in your slump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slump is such a great word to describe when we just don't feel motivated to do something. We all go through them for different reasons. I voted for the small project, it's always fun to start something new and you'll probably get it finished in a reasonable amount of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been in a bit of a slump also, still stitching, just not with the usual amount of relish that I feel. May be a new start would help get me out of this too.

    I started reading Fallen Skies by Philippa Gregory the other day, my first time reading this author. Its been great so far! And I love historical fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Julie! I think a small is just what you need to get out of your slump. Something quick and easy that will get you back in the groove. I am jealous you are getting to sit outside!!

    Hope you had a good weekend.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha new projects in general are always a good way to get out of a slump enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm also jealous of your nice weather! We just got hit with more snow and ice over the weekend. Booo Hooo!!!

    I think you should absolutely start a small project. Something that stitches up quickly will be fun, and when you finish it, you'll feel inspired to really get back to it again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm.....i vote for just sitting and stitching. Big/Small ... doesn't matter. You won't "fool" yourself into stitching more. You are so talented. Not to quote Nike but just do it. Besides....Cat's coming and then you'll have no time.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you're in a slump Hun... I vote for starting something small... something that just grabs you and doesn't let go... something fun and Springy maybe... that always cheers me up and seems to get me out of a stitching slump!

    Sending you lots of love and {{{Big Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote that you stitch a small design. You definately should! it will be a great feeling when you HD in no time. hell yeah!! \m/

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.