+

Monday, April 23, 2007

A long stretch and lots of wind...

This post was promised yesterday but I was beat.... Mom left on Wednesday afternoon and then it was errands and three 12hr days of work. So I took yesterday to rest and start laundry which is almost done...I had 10 loads....hard to believe but between bed linen and towels and uniforms!!! I went to Pilates today and it was so good!!! I did an advanced position "the star" I always feel good after accomplishing it!!!! Yah for me. And I came home to get a phone call from my big brother so we chatted which is also so good for my soul! I miss him so much! And he is planning a trip here in August with my other niece who was here last July!!!! So I now have something to look forward to!!!!! I have plenty of time to request the time off from work!!! Oh and we repositioned the swing since the winds have been horrible the past two weeks....it was blown over once more! It's now against the house and is still standing in one place. The weather is supposed to improve by the weekend with the winds dying down and temps reaching 93 degrees.....and yes it's still April! I love the weather !!!!! Here's a picture of the swing and the bench that I refinished a while back which now sits on the front porch...

On to stitchy news...I have a W.I.P. update on Alphabet Sampler and I believe I got the fabric truer to life....it's PTPlus Whimsey in lugana ... but it still maybe a tad dark in the picture. And as promised the stash that mom brought me as an early birthday present..... and a closer look at Cirque des Circles! I picked 32ct Belfast Silvery Moon and The Thread Gatherer Silk 'N Colors in Midnight Cobalt. I want to start this but with PR's Queen of the Fairies coming any day now I'm torn....And I have a question for those of you already working on it.....with silk do I use 1 or 2 strands of thread??? I would appreciate any advice!!!

I have another picture M-designs Celtic Cross that I'm going to do for my big brother! He wanted it done in a red thread so I picked again The Thread Gatherer Silk 'N Colors in "In The Burgandy" And I plan to do it on a cream 32ct linen... So Brian let me know what you think of the red I picked out!
My next project is another freebie by Passione Ricamo..."Fairy celebration" I am doing it on PTPlus 32ct belfast Crystal Fresco and the thread is by Dinky Dyes Bottlebrush! It's the one thing I didn't take a picture of today. But I will post a W.I.P. picture soon since Alphabet Sampler will be done in the next day or so! Well that was a post full of pictures...I'm off to stitch my slump is over...I daydream of stitching at work and wake up thinking of what I'll work on!!!! So that's all good!!!!

I am truly grateful for Pilates and intense workouts.....

11 comments:

  1. Hi Jules, your stash is fabulous!! Love the fabric for the alphabet sampler, too. Your swing looks very at home in its new spot. Looks like you have an amazing yard there. I can just picture myself sitting out there with an iced tea, dipping my feet in the pool. If you saw my yard, you'd drop over in horror! lol... But it's a work in progress.

    Love the new graphics you've added to your blog too, especially the one about the shoe. I can certainly attest to the fact that a glass slipper can change your life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Juls. Your WIP of the Alphabet Sampler looks gorgeous. I love the fabric you're using. Love your new stash too and am looking forward to seeing WIP pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive just started cirque des cercles and im enjoying it so much! I love the fabric and threads you have picked, i cant wait for you to start!! I am stitching it on 32ct linen over 2 with 1 strand of silk. Theres a picture on my blog anyway. Love your WIP by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - all you enablers. I cannot, cannot start or purchase Cirque des Cercles but it looks like so much fun. I ever have floss for it. Nooo!

    Your stash looks wonderful. The WIP is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your STASH and WIP look great :)
    And your home is really beautiful...I always think so when I see a picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Silvery Moon Belfast!! It's my favorite plain fabric! I can't wait to see your WIP! With 43 WIPS, I am not a good one to ask about starting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so wish I could actually decide which colour floss to use for cirque - the SAL i'm joining starts monday and I'm so stuck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love visiting your blog.....keep stitching.....oh....and thanks for sending mom back....not....lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your swing and bench, Juls... 93 already! Yikes! I just don't do well at all in Hot weather... Give me Spring, Autumn or Winter! lol

    Love your Alphabet Sampler... that fabby is gorgeous and your new Stash is soooo lovely!!! My fave is M Design's Celtic Cross!!! I've had my eye on that one for a while now! ;-) Can't wait for you to start them!

    So glad you are out of your stitching slump, Sweetie!

    {{{Hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. The swing looks fantastic in its new spot, and the stash is great! I have Cirque des Cercles on my wish list, but am trying to be good and not buy it yet! Love your fabric and floss choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your swing looks awesome.
    The bench is awesome too.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.