+

Saturday, April 14, 2007

SBQ and Random stuff

I am behind in this SBQ so here is last week's....I think anyway.....
Today’s SBQ was suggested by Heather and is:
How do you decide which stitching blogs are worth repeat and/or regular viewings? Are there certain things you look for in particular? Are there things you wish there were more of? Less of? Is your blog a good example of what you like to read?

I love blogs that are stitching related but also have a peek into the person's character and life.....does that make sense??? And of course the writing has to grab me......the only non stitching blog is my dear brother's and hopefully he won't mind the link! And I hope my blog and it's content is a good example of what other readers like.....

Now on to the random stuff..... First a picture of some roses that I cut from my front side yard. I wish I could say I had something to do with their beauty but roses seem to do well here in Vegas. I'm just amazed anything grows in what we have for soil here. But it does. These beauties were planted by the first homeowners and seem to do well all I do is cut down the bushes yearly and even with the pool construction last summer going right through them they still came back....
Today was a visit to my LNS with mom and she bought me a very early birthday present or presents....I'll post the pictures soon! It was basically stash I had ordered that had come in! And then to a craft fair which was fun but there was absolutely no cross stitching make that no stitching at all! Lots of glass, pottery and jewelry though! And mom got me a birthday present there as well! She's napping now before dinner allowing me the time to post this.... And I took a picture of a picture of one of my favorite wedding pics....I adored my dress! Here it is...

So I leave you with my favorite picture that a good friend took at the wedding.... my wedding albums are being worked on and I should have them soon! And I promise a stash post soon!
Oh and for all who asked the corset designs are from Dimple Designs. I put a link in my sidebar for those interested.
Oh and I forgot......my swing was just blown over in the winds we had! We were able to put it back together and it's perfect again.....nothing got bent or broken!!!
I am grateful for days off and LNS visits.....

7 comments:

  1. Oooh i love your wedding dress! You look beautiful. Ive just read Jamies blog before i came to yours...so the wedding theme continued!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wedding dress is fairy tale beautiful! I'm glad the visit is going well. There are now details on the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with your wedding dress as well!!!
    Those roses are absolutely gorgeous!
    Glad to see that your Mom is visiting...I think I missed some of your posts due to my pneumonia bout...have a great time with her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wedding dress is gorgeous! Hope you and your Mom are having a great visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress on a beautiful bride!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Juls... what a beautiful bride and such a lovely wedding dress! :-) I Love the roses... they are my favourite!

    And congrats on all the new stash... Wooo Hooo... what wonderful treasures... and more yet to come... ;-)

    Thanks for checking on me, dear friend... You're an angel! :-) I'll send you an email soon...

    Love your new piccy of Aragorn... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.