Edited: I am so grateful for our pool..........
The musings of an obsessed cross stitcher and Mirabilia junkie.....dreaming of hand dyed fabrics and floss...more than enough time to stitch and life in general. "The right to be ridiculous is something I hold dear" Bono "Not all who wander .....are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien
+
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
It's late
I had a wonderfully intense Pilates workout this am and signed up for an additional session tomorrow for a total of 3 this week! My leg muscles are still talking to me. It was so good! And it's late or early depending on how you look at it..... and I'm off to bed in a little bit. Today was a wild ride with mom but in the end oh well.... I made a nice dinner of chicken and dumplings which we all thoroughly enjoyed and had a quiet night at home. Last night (sunday) we had fun at one of the local casinos and she and hubby won a little bit of money at the blackjack table, I just watched. So tomorrow we'll probably go to the Strip with it being her last night and all. I keep forgetting that she's 81..... our relationship has been stressful and rocky for as long as I can remember. Which is unfortunate but a fact of my life. Long story short she was very connected to my sister that passed away and I am the daughter that is still here.....there is no easy way to write that last statement....I have accepted the fact. Been through years of therapy and also know that she went through an impossible loss as well. But we all lost a valuable person and I still feel my sister's loss daily....a hole in my heart springs to mind....Well enough of that. She leaves on wednesday afternoon and then I have till the end of May till my dear MIL visits! I plan to stitch by the pool tomorrow..... it's been too cold to go in but hopefully it will warm up...mom hasn't been able to swim yet so we hope she can tomorrow or wednesday before she leaves. Let me leave you with a picture of hubby doing laps which was taken when my brother and niece were here....
Edited: I am so grateful for our pool..........
Edited: I am so grateful for our pool..........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Juls - Glad to hear the visit is going well. I hope you get a few days to recoup after all the visits and just do something for you. Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteSitting and stitching by that beautiful pool sounds wonderful!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that your having a good visit with your Mom. I understand about strained relationships with parents.
Have fun on the strip...I've not been to Las Vegas since my Honey Moon almost 11 years ago (4/27/96)
Mother/Daughter things aren't ever easy. I have a turbulent relationship with mine as well *HUGS* to you. I'm so glad Pilates went well!!
ReplyDeleteThe pool looks tempting. I probably won't go in even if the weather is fine, I know for a fact that the water would be freezing, and I would be shivering in no time. =D But stitching by the pool sounds more exciting..or should i say, relaxing? =D
ReplyDeleteGood to read your post.....keep moving....she can be a load but you worry about you. Does this mean your sending her back?....lol
ReplyDeleteYou are lucky to have a pool of your own.
ReplyDelete