Oh and a Cirque de Cercles update. I went to SP (my LNS) today to pick up some thread for PR's Queen of the Fairies. Yes I know I have the Venus threads but after reading the chart a bit more thoroughly she does require a DMC variation thread and a Rainbow Gallery thread.... I thought my threads for CDC would be in but they weren't so I thought.....I'll just pick another that's how much I want to start!!!! After about 1/2 hour or so of going through the Thread Gatherer assortment and narrowing it down to 2 very nice threads and 1 kinda out there thread. I just couldn't make a decision and since this is going to be such a major piece I decided to wait and luckily two of the wednesday stitching group women were there to help. Besides I really do love the thread that I have on order. So the owner of SP is going to give them a call and see where the thread is and when to expect it. It's not like I don't have anything else to stitch....
I have to add that I love my MIL and am having so much fun with her here!!! Did I mention that she has a younger boyfriend .... well she does and they are so good together. He is a gem. In addition to what I made for dinner he made a broccoli bake that was delicious....And today he's making sauce and pasta.... Not only that but I now have flowers in my poolside planters thanks to him!!! I took pictures so here goes...
I am grateful for my mother-in-law and the good relationship we have....
Wow, Juls, what absolutely gorgeous finishes! I love them both and certainly can't chose a favourite!
ReplyDeleteOh Juls, those are both just perfect :) That little Mirabilia fairy is gorgeous and you added super special touches to the PR fairy!
ReplyDeleteYou ought to be very happy that you have a wonderful relationship with your MIL...all of us are not so lucky!
Juls both pieces look great. Congrats on the finishes. I've got the PR fairy in my stash some place 1/2 started in blue. I really like yours in red though.
ReplyDeletecongrats on your finishes!!
ReplyDeleteHi, I've only just come across your blog. You've done some beautiful stitching. I especially love your Voor 'T Aparte by Lanarte. I am just about to tackle Spring Ride by Lanarte and it's a similar kind of project. I'm just hoping it's not too hard.
ReplyDeleteI think you've a lovely blog and I've added you to my Blogroll. Hope that's ok with you.
Amazing finishes Juls!! Oh how I love your Christmas elf - she is so wonderful.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are having a marvelous time with your MIL & her DBF - the planter looks great.
I hope to go to SP on Wednesday - how about you?
Beautiful finishes! Congrats on both. I only have the Christmas, Easter and Halloween Fairies - I haven't stitched any of them though...yours is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteOh yay! You finished your fairy!! Very pretty! I saw some1 selling their's on ebay and added a bunch of beads around her wand swirl, and i thought pretty cool, who woulda thought you would have done the same! =D So is that finish as in? I am also going to leave out the wordings on mine, there isn't enough space since i am using only a 9x13 size fabric.
ReplyDeleteHurrah to both your gorgeous finishes!!!
wow Juls they are both great but i love the christmas fairy, i have got that somewhere think i will have to dig it out
ReplyDelete( thats if hubby hasnt had a clear out session and thrown all my stuff out to make way for his fishing books!!!)
That Elf Fairy looks amazing! Your other finish is pretty too but I think my heart belongs to Elf Fairy :-)
ReplyDeleteI hope you get your threads in soon, with everyone starting this project I think I want to start it too!
TTYL
I love your finished Fairy Celebration. Great job! I especially love the beads around her wand. very cute.
ReplyDeleteHi! OMG! Your Christmas Fairy is gorgeous. I have her and the Halloween in my stash. I am thinking of starting one now. I love the Fairy Celebration, that is going on my to do list. I really enjoyed browsing your blog. I cant wait to see your CDC. Ranae
ReplyDeleteThe finishes are beautiful! Congrats. I love the poolside flowers, too. They're a gorgeous color. :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on both of your stunning finishes!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your 2 finishes! Both are gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteJuls!!! There is a new freebie fairy celebration #2 at the PR website, So now you can stitch that one as companion piece to her.. She's cuter than the 1st!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.passionericamo.eu/freebiefairy.htm
Both of your finishes are gorgeous. I have the Christmas Elf Fairy in my stash to do, she is so cute. CdC is such a beautiful piece, I'm enjoying seeing the different peoples posts who are working on it. What colors are you going to do yours in?
ReplyDeleteAlso, what is Nymo thread? It sounds like it worked well for your beading.
Sue
Great finishes, they look terrific. For a moment I thought how did you get a pic of my dog. They seem to have the same face and ears.
ReplyDeleteGrats for the pictures! Mirabilia designs my favorite pictures. The monocrome is great!
ReplyDeleteCherry
http://cherry4.freeblog.hu/
Fantastic finishes! Congrats.
ReplyDeleteNice finishes. I love that fairy it's so cute. Love that picture of the dog too!
ReplyDeleteOH, what beautiful faery finishes, Juls!!! :-) I love the colours and your extra touches on the Celebration Faery!!! I missed downloading that one and it's gone now, but there's a Celebration Faery 2 up on her site! Go and get it before it's gone as well!
ReplyDeleteLovely piccys of your precious puppy and your flowers...
You've been so busy with your stitching whilst I've been MIA... And thanks so much for thinking of me Hun... your sweet wishes... lovely thoughts and encouragement are ever an inspiration and helped me make it through the days! :-)
{{{Hugs}}}
Gorgeous finishes! congratulations.
ReplyDelete