After working 2 (12hour )days I took myself to B&N to pick up my copies of Harry Potter!!! I actually got 2 because one is a present for a friends daughter! And I have read the first 10 pages or so....and then I stitched! I am now up early since I can't sleep and that never happens after working but so here I am. I am going to make a pot of coffee and read outside by the pool. I never posted about the HP movie that I saw last week. I loved it !!!! I truly think it was the best one yet even if they managed to leave some of my favorite stuff out it was a 700 or so page book! I have to mention my brother's post about HP as well here....it moved me so! I also started reading HP to have something to talk to my younger niece as well. I really didn't expect to get hooked as I did but now can't imagine life without HP and the way it helped my relationship with her! She is amazing! But then he helped raise two strong articulate daughters each individual in their own way!!!! So I'm off to divide my time between HP and Fern! I feel I have to savor this last book and I was torn about starting it and even reading it after Book 6 but Harry is after all Harry! I plan on reading them all again after I finish Book 7.........I so miss my train time in NY I got so much reading done then ..it was a 3 hour commute round trip...now I drive and well seem to read less. I read on my lunchtime now. I think I'll read this morning and stitch this afternoon and evening! Oh and I must call my dear MIL back since she called to see if I got my book yet!
P.S. Fern is looking so wonderful.
I am grateful for reading and being off............
I got my copy yesterday too. I've read about 30 pages but I don't want to rush it. I want to savour this last book too.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing a pic of Fern. Are you doing her with or without the face?
We bought a copy of HP yesterday and my eldest DD has finished it just a while ago! She couldn't put it down. I really must get caught up as I've told her not to tell me what happens!
ReplyDeleteYour brother's post was really touching, it made me cry.
ReplyDeleteI hope both Fern and Harry are doing well...I got my copy of HP, but I still haven't started reading yet...I had to work both Sat. and Sun.
I'm reading HP too! I worked Fri-Sun and thankfully it was quiet enough where I could read most of the night and train time is a great time to read. Fern looks great, you're a speedy stitcher
ReplyDelete:-) Can't wait to see her done!
Dear Juls, Thank you, thank you for your darling card cheering me up after my hospital stay!! I only wish I'd known you were there in Las Vegas when I visited my son and d-in-law (who may be under Voldemorts spell...need we say more...)last month!! We could have gotten together at the stitching shop! I'm reading HP along with you.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Deb
Oh, my I am soooo behind in my blogging... I love your new blog name, Sweetie... It's so You! :-) I am happy to hear I was an inspiration... It lifts my spirits and makes me smile...
ReplyDeleteFern is absolutely gorgeous and I love the fabric you chose! Your needle certainly has some magic in it my dear, as you are stitching with lightening speed on her! Also love, love, love Galatea! She's gorgeous! I just may have to order her myself! :-)
You'll love HP and the Deathly Hallows, Juls... I was so enthralled, I could not stop reading! It was bloody Brilliant! I've already started reading The Philosopher's Stone again... I'm going to read all seven and savour the moments and the memories! :-)
{{{Hugs}}}
It's always nice to visit your blog and see what you're stitching and talking about. My blog goes in fits and starts....writing is hard...lol. I am so looking forward to our August visit. I wanna sit at Red Rocks and think of Maureen. I'm reading Harry (Megs finished!) but so slowly because I don't want it to end.
ReplyDeleteJuls-
ReplyDeleteThank you! Thank you for all your kind words and I know the good vibes you've been sending my way. I will admit that I read your brother's blog and the HP post is so wonderful.
I hope you have a wonderful visit. Will they be there over your birthday?
hugs and well wishes,
Jamie
Oh I'm so jealous - I want to see Cirque so badly!!
ReplyDeleteWooo hoooo!! I can leave comments again! Blogger was being mean to me and I couldn't post comments on anyone's blog. Enjoy reading Harry Potter! I wish I had kept up with the books, because now I'm so far behind there's no chance of me catching up on all the books before the ending becomes common knowledge. :(
ReplyDelete