+

Friday, October 12, 2007

Another day or is it....

Today's an anniversary one that I wish beyond all hope never happened. But I have found that wishing doesn't make something not happen. But just imagine the power if it did! But back to the anniversary it's been 17 years since my sister left this world. My deepest desire is to honor her memory since that is what she would have wanted for me to go on living and see the beauty in life! I think I've achieved that! And some years are good but this one creeped up on me and I feel lost once again if only for short time. I've learned how to incorporate her loss into my life since I firmly believe that one doesn't "get over" so a significant loss but rather incorporates it into one's life! So I thought after 17 years that I had a handle on it but grief does its own thing once again. I didn't work...never do....on this day since I'm never sure how I'll be feeling and today was no exception! I developed a migraine and came home from my 2 errands and went straight to bed at 2 pm no less. Hubby was confused and now is at work so that helps. I am planning an evening of stitching and tea. Then tomorrow is stitching group and Sunday is Stitching Retreat day!!! This was the first of 6 days off. I plan to take care of myself and have lots of stitching time! So dear sister know that I miss you and love you!!!

I am grateful for memories......

9 comments:

  1. Dearest Juls, Know that I'm thinking of you and truly understand what you're going thru. I wish you a better day tomorrow, and it seems like you've planned several fun things to keep you (and your heart) occupied for the next few days. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs and love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you nothing but hugs, love and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you Juls. I'm sure this time of year is always hard on you. {{ Hugs }} I hope your migraine is gone and that you're able to enjoy some tea and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweets.....she knew your heart....that's enough....

    ReplyDelete
  6. With your memories, your sister lives on. I hope the migraine went away and you were able to unjoy your stitching group and days off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Juls,
    I'm so sorry I wasn't aware of the anniversary of the passing of this very special person. Many {{{hugs}}} to you my friend and in the future if you are feeling down just call me and we'll go out for coffee or something.
    I hope you had an amazing time today at the retreat and am looking forward to hearing all about it.
    Enjoy the remainder of your time off and see you Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Juls, I'm with you in spirit. As one who has a loss and grieves this time of year, as well, I know that we have to take time to just feel and honor them. You've done just the right thing, Sweetie. I'm sorry for your pain.
    Your friend,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sad for your migraine. This must be a hard day for you.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.