+

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A new start or two......

I want to start by saying thank you for all the kind thoughts that were sent my way! I so appreciate them and most especially the wonderful friendships I have made through blogging! If only we could sit down to a cup a tea together!!! A girl can dream.............

In answer to Andie's question ......yes I did have a new start actually two! I really couldn't help myself or maybe I just didn't want too... They are both small in comparison to my other projects so that makes it more portable for stitching group Wednesdays as well. Unfortunately "Pumpkin Spice" is all kitted up but not started but either tonight or tomorrow she will be! So on to pictures of my new starts. First "Lady Lazarus" by Monsterbubbles. She is just plain fun! And next is "Toil and Trouble" by Erica Michaels Not much done but so far lots of fun!!! Both are being done on PTPlus fabric

And I have to say I loved my Stitching Retreat on Sunday!!! It was in a not so great neighborhood but the golf course was absolutely gorgeous! And a full day of stitching. Can I ask ...does it get any better than that?? I don't think so! Pure joy!!!!!!! There were about 40 or so stitchers including one male. And it was so great to see what everyone was stitching all so different and beautiful. I even won a door prize...a thistle bookmark and a pair of cougar heart scissors. I did give the bookmark to someone since I knew I'd never stitch it. She was so happy and it felt good!

That's all for now ...I'm off to a short class at work then date night with hubby...

I am grateful for recognizing joy in my life....

10 comments:

  1. Both the WIP's are looking great.
    I love the colors of the MB, purple with the orange.
    I wish there was a stitching retreat around here by me :(
    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey nice new starts and enjoy the date!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new starts Juls! I'm looking forward to seeing them grow:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new starts! That monsterbubbles piece looks like so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Lady Lazarus..I've never seen it before! Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your two new starts! Both are beautiful (now to add them to my wish list!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Toil and Trouble! Both starts are great! I hope you had fun on your date!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lady wip is amazing! It's so different. Both your wips are beautiful of course. =^-^=

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen the Lady, and she's so sassy!! I just love her! I have to find her somehow, Juls. I think the fabric you've put her on is a great choice, too.
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. The fabric on this one is Outrageous! The purple is unexpected and perfect! Joy

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.