First finish.....
Well I've been meaning to sit down and write this post for at least 2 days now but have been feeling really tired and I have found that I can't sit for long periods of time so my computer time is limited. I went to stitching group last wednesday and had great fun but it truly wore me out. Who would of thought a little surgery would do that LOL. Margaret my dear I am ever so grateful that you drove me. We have such a great group of stitchers that I wouldn't have missed it another week!!!!! Which reminds me to thank all of you that have wished me well.... I have learned to pace myself and am resting lots and lots!!! I have kept up with my blog reading though......I'd first like to post a long overdue picture of my puppy Storm who is taking very good care of me
She is so very gentle with me! I truly think she knows I'm not feeling up to snuff! She is very protective these days......But now onto the stitching stuff!!!! I have had my first 2008 finish!!!! It's a small piece that I've done for my 2nd cousin who just had a baby girl!!!! I wonder where the time has gone. She is very special to me since about the time of my sister's passing! We connected then and proceeded to spend 1 weekend a year together usually shopping and doing fun stuff in NYC! So this is for her and her baby 
.
It was a quick stitch for me considering it took about 14 days including the time of my surgery. It is Bless Birth Sampler by Sisters and Best Friends!!! I added the moon charm that is on the "o" of the word moon. The other charms came with the chart. I really do love it and am taking it soon to be framed and then I can ship it on it's way to them.I am grateful for the small things in life.....
Storm is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI love your finish Juls! Such a precious gift.
Look after yourself and keep resting :)
What an adorable picture of Storm. She is a beautiful dog and truly looks as though she is taking good care of you.
ReplyDeleteLovely finish. I bet it will be treasured.
Beautiful finish.
ReplyDeleteI love the birth sampler! I hope your recuperation goes quickly.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful brith sampler! Your puppy looks like he/she is taking good care of you!
ReplyDeleteYour finish looks lovely...I'm doing that one for my SIL right now! It's such a cute project!!
ReplyDeleteRest, rest rest! We want you 100% so we can keep getting pics of all your beautiful finishes!
ReplyDeleteLove the birth sampler, Juls. I'm glad to hear you're resting more. Looks like you and storm are completely content on the sofa with each other, your reading material, and all your gadgets. ;) Take care and be patient with the healing process!
ReplyDeleteGreat finish! Just relax and take it easy, don't rush things. You will soon be up and around!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear you are feeling a little better. Lots of rest is about the only thing to get yourself back on your feet!
ReplyDeleteAnimals seem to have a good instinct for when their owners are not feeling so well - I see your pooch is no different. :) Your sampler is very cute. I may just stitch that one too(I have a sister-in-law who is due in April).
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your 1st 2008 finish. It is lovely.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that you are recuperating and that Storm is looking after you.
Take care.
Beautiful finish! I just love this design.
ReplyDeleteRest up and get better soon. love the little birth sampler. xx
ReplyDeleteThis is such a darling little birth announcement, Juls. We used to say this with Jessica when she was a baby!! I love it to pieces! Hugs, Deb
ReplyDeletePS: Is this the sofa we'll be stitching on when we have our Stitchaway??! "]