I want to thank everyone for their good wishes and good thoughts!!!! I am home from the hospital and am now postop! The experience was definitely positive except for the 24 hours post anesthesia vomiting I had! I know TMI but it was not fun especially with an incision and all. But the care I received was exceptional!!! I am now taking it easy and wondering where my stitching mojo went......I haven't been able to stitch but I do have hopes for today!!! Margaret from my stitching wednesdays has stopped by to visit with me and brought me a new book to read!!! It's Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and with the little I've read I can say I am loving it!!!! I am trying to take it easy but it's hard which I didn't think would be a problem. But of course the 1st day home I had to do the laundry......Big Mistake! I spent the next day sore and exhausted. I'm just not used to not being able to do what I want when I want. And my niece and her friends had been here and left the day of my surgery so I had to catch up with the laundry. What was I thinking???? I had loads of fun with her and her friends and actually went out with them one night till about 3 am !!! It was a blast and we visited as many casinos/clubs as we could and it felt great!!!!!! But you know you older when you are out to the clubs with your niece and she's drinking and your not! But in my defense I was having surgery in a few days!!!! It was a great distraction for her to be here! Great timing to get my mind off of the upcoming surgery!!!! Apparently I'm a hugger since upon arrival to my room from the recovery room I had to hug everyone who visited me!!! I guess it was better than the alternative. And the Pilates really helped with my moving around I had no trouble with getting in and out of bed but was thankful that my surgeon put me on bedrest for the first day.....
I'm off to get more coffee and pick up my stitching so wish me luck!!!! Hopefully next post will be a stitchy one!!!!I started a new project for my 2nd cousin who just had a baby girl!!!!!She is precious!!!! I'll definitely post a picture next time!!! !
I am grateful to be home and for my loving husband..............
Hi Juls. I'm so glad you hear you're home and on the mend. STOP doing laundry!! What are you? Nuts??? You should know better... ;)
ReplyDeleteI finally posted about your lovely gift! Thanks again, and take it easy!
Glad to hear your surgery went well and you're recovering well. take it easy{{{{{hugs}}}}}
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear you're on the mend! Stop with the laundry...you're going to delay your full recovery. See what I mean about those in the health-field being bad patients?! : )
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you're doing well after your surgery!! Let me caution you about the Outlander series... it's addicting!!! Get well soon.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you're on the mend.
ReplyDeleteI was so happy to get your note about the stitching group being okay! You are really doing well, Juls! Love ya! Deb
ReplyDeleteSo glad your surgery went well and you are home! Take it easy!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy your surgery was OK.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure that woman is over the moon after the birth of the princess.