+

Friday, September 26, 2008

A Sister

Amazing...two posts in as many days! My migraine roared in this am but now is gone just leaving the fogginess. So I am going to make today good!!!
Today is my sister's birthday and I still miss her! She passed away 18 years ago this October. At the time I could not imagine my life without her in it after all she was my mirror. I learned so much from her and loved being her sister ! She is the reason I cross stitch and with every stitch I feel that I honor her! Simply put she put a needle in my hand at the age of ten and said you will do this....and she was my big sister so I did and have been grateful ever since! I've adapted but not a day goes by that I don't think of her and still miss her! So Happy Birthday dear Maureen! I will honor you today and everyday! I stitched this piece for her and she got to enjoy it before she left this world.... I added the "Sisters" to the bottom to personalize the piece. It hangs with honor in my home and will one day go to my niece! Another piece I did because she thought it be beautiful is this one .... I do believe the backstitching took as long as the actual cross stitching! But she was right it is stunning...one day i'll do the companion to it. So today is a day for memories and good thoughts. I love you Maureen!!!!!!
I am grateful for my sister and my memories of her.....

14 comments:

  1. It is beautiful you stitch for your sister (and it is sad also)

    I'm glad your migraine is giving you a break ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are inspiring...and sweet. I hope your day was full of memories and sweet thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really sorry to hear that you have lost your sister. The designs that you did for her are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the migraine has eased up. What beautiful memories of your sister.
    My sister and I hang out and sew together, I don't know what I'd do without her. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You clearly have beautiful memories of your dear sister and your stitching shines through with those memories.

    Wow you have lots of beautiful pieces in your previous post:) Your Cinderella Sampler is just so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sister sounds like a most special person. I feel all choked up at how you've honored her all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Last year I was lucky enough to see these in person and also fortunate enough to be able to attend your celebration of life for Maureen when you treated us at SP.

    The past year has flown by and once again it is wonderful to see and feel your love for her. Just by looking at what she taught you it is clear to see that her love for you was just as strong as your's for her.

    hugs to you Juls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Maureen!!!

    I love that Lanarte piece, i do have it in my stash. I wish to stitch it one day, but I wonder if it would be hard to give it away (to my sis). Looks like it will be. Well, maybe I'll just stitch it twice, hehe.

    I agree that second piece looks more like all back stitch. Eww. j/k!

    Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry about that, stupid computer has speed issues, makes me post everything twice. =(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Juls, I felt how you miss your sister in your post. What a loss this is and was to you. But, I see the love and honor you put in your stitching tribute to her, and I know she is there with you. What beautiful work. And, what a beautiful person you are. Probably she was a part of giving you that gift of kindness and gentle spirit.
    Love and hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love your lanarte ! the frame is perfect for it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't but agree.
      Maureen must've been very special person in your life. It's obvious the two of you had a strong bond.

      Delete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.