+

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The moon tonight

I worked today and it was a bit crazy but so what else is new these days. We are over capacity and everyone is just as crazy. But the real point of this is to say I was driving out of the parking lot and looked up to see such an incredible moon !!! It made me stop and just be thankful and smile! I have been in what I call a "mean red" (the best way to describe a really bad mood thanks to Holly Golightly and Truman Capote) these days and realized in that moment that everything will work out and I want to shed this mood of mine. The start of the mood was receiving some health news about my dear niece and I know she will be fine but there is a bigger part of me that is just angry at the unfairness of her having to live with and deal with a longterm chronic illness. She flew to NY from California this past week to get the medical attention she needed and I so want to be there with her and my brother but know that I must wait and be there for when she really needs me. My heart is with her and she knows that!!!! I have a week off coming up soon that I was planning to spend with her in California so I may just be in NY.......

I have some update pictures as well that I took a few days ago....First The Little Witch by SB that I had to start a few saturdays ago... I love the fabric (kit fabric).............

I am enjoying stitching this and have begun to realize that one should always have a SB as a W.I.P.!!!!! what do you think??? And next is Holly although not much is progressedin this picture but I now have her arms almost done...... note to self: must take another picture..... I must end here since I promised to not spend the evening on the computer and it is fast becoming late.

Off to get a cup of earl Gray and stitch a bit before bed......more soon I promise along with a newly discovered W.I.P. that I must finish since all I have is the beads and overdyed threads! I even found the chart......oh my!

I am grateful for being home and my new "snuggie"...............

May your needle fly through your fabric.........

13 comments:

  1. Isn't it great that something as simple as the moon can cheer us up? I've been rather grumpy myself lately. I think everything is just so hard. On the bright side, since there's no money to go out I usually stay home and stitch or play board games with the family. I always enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching pieces - the holly one looks like it'll be really pretty when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read that you have had some rough sailing lately. It seems to be rather common at the moment. Your WIPS both look fantastic. That is amazing fabric for the SB witch. I didn't know kits cam with such nice fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your blog. Your projects are always beautiful and inspiring. I really like both the Shepherd's Bush kit and Holly that you are currently working on. Seeing your Holly has caused me to rethink my fabric choices for her. I had her kitted with a plain white linen, but I think I will trade that out for an opalescent instead. She looks so great on the opalescent that you have chosen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both projects look great! I really love Holly...and I keep getting tempted to break down and get her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Little Witch Juls! Have to agree that we shoudl always have an SB on the go! I've just stitched two small ones in a row and loved them!

    Holly is looking lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers are with your niece:)

    Great progress on your wips!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about your niece. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you both. Your stitching looks great! Holly looks so beautiful! I'm glad your mood is starting to lift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Juls, I'm so sorry to hear about your niece. I will certainly add her to my prayers.

    Your SB is coming right along. Oh, how I love SB!!! Holly is pretty, too. I look forward to seeing your progress, and will be thinking about you and your niece.
    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your SB is looking good, and that holly! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed seeing updates of your wips.

    I'm so glad the beautiful moon brought you a smile. So often a beautiful moon, sunset, or dramatic sky makes me pause and be thankful too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your blog by accident
    was looking for an friends blog.



    so glad to find you...

    love your work....

    mona & the gaffer girls

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sad for you and for your niece.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.