+

Thursday, February 12, 2009

What have I done......

I have had another migraine but took the new meds since it came back with the old meds and the doc said to try the new ones and in what order to take them...I was just so frustrated the last time I saw him and he listened so we developed a new plan. I am happy to say I am migraine free as I type this post!!!! Still post migraine feeling like I am walking through tissue paper but I took care of me including a nap last night and skipping bowling and then sleeping in and resting today. I did skip Pilates as well but I'm off all next week so I will make it up I promise!!! My niece is getting better but she needs to remain in NY so my California trip is on hold but I plan to keep the time off and rest and stitch myself!!!! Thank you again for all of your prayers and well wishes for her!!! She and her sister are truly my heart!!!!!!



Now on to updates..First is Holly by NC She is done except for the beads and kreiniks!!!! Next is Cinderella Sampler and she now has a pumpkin coach to get around in There is more a new start yes even with a migraine I stitch.....I can't explain it but tend to just go with it... It is Nora's Alphabet which I am doing on PTP Crystal Highland! Next and last is an old WIP that was staring me down so she came out.... Queen of The Fairies by Passione Ricamo I did a little on her on sunday and realized just how much I love her! So she'll be out and stitched in my version of a loose rotation!!!!!


I've seen a lot of the Nashville releases but nothing jumped out at me which is a good thing actually and then I saw this... Quaker Gone Tropic by Michelle Ink. I just sat and stared at it and fell in love with it! I love the whimsy of it!!!! So when my LNS called and told me about the Nashville preview tonight for their "Bird Club" of which I am a member I innocently asked if they had acquired it at Nashville and they did so they are holding one for me.....I wanted to go to the preview but feel I should still be resting! I may go in on monday since I have the week off!!!!!
I am grateful for my niece feeling better and my wonderful husband......


May your needle fly through your fabric.........

18 comments:

  1. Wow, you are stitching away! I like the whimsy Quaker Gone Tropic design and Holly looks fantastic, along with all the other designs you're working on. I'm glad to hear you are migraine free, those are SO painful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly looks great! I'm still undecided on that new quaker, but I do like the seahorse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great projects! I love Fairy Queen I plan to start her sometime in the future :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juls, I'm so glad to hear that you are migraine free AND that your niece is doing better. GREAT NEWS!!

    All of your stitching looks wonderful. I just love "Holly"! Sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you stay migraine free Juls. {{{{hugs}}}}

    Wow I love all your WIPs. They all look fantastic! You always stitch such wonderful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your WIPS are gorgeous--I have never seen the Cinderella Sampler and am so anxious to see that one finished! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to hear that you are migraine free, that hurts a lot! And that your niece is doing fine too!

    Like your WIP! You did a lot of stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to hear the migraines have left you - may they never come back! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear that you are finding some relief from those Migraines.

    You have made great progress on the stitching front.
    Good for you..They are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, you've been so productive! And everything is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy to hear of your migraine relief! I hope they stay away!

    Beautiful progress on all your wips! I don't know how you stitched with a migraine! If I get one, I have to be in a dark, quiet room or I will throw up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Juls, It's just a hateful thing to have those migraines bothering you! Hopefully, this new course of meds will beat them.
    Gorgeous stitching, Juls. I'm loving all of them. I thought of you when I saw that Quaker one because of the colors and the palms! LOL Las Vegas is the perfect setting for it!
    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your WIPS. May I ask what fabric you are stitching the Cinderella Sampler on? I have that chart to do someday, and I love your fabric choice. I had not seen Quaker Gone Tropic; I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Juls I'm so glad the migraines are gone. I know what you mean about stitching with one as I do that. As wierd as it sounds, stitching always moves me to another place in my mind and I can forget about the pain somewhat and always feel better because of it.

    Congratulations on all the stitching you've got done. It is always just beautiful.

    Glad your niece is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're feeling better! I've never had a migraine, but just normal headaches can "do me in," so I can't imagine anything worse!!

    Also, I love the new "look" of your blog.... really nice!

    This Saturday is my LNS's Nashville preview... can't wait to see everything! I love your choice of 'Quaker Gone Tropic'.... what a great title.

    Enjoy your week off... pamper yourself and throw yourself a stitch-a-thon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful stitching, I love the Cinderella sampler. I love Quaker Gone Tropic and I have ordered some silks from Vikki Clayton for it-I definitely don't like the silk they used. Glad to hear you are pain free.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are able to stay migraine-free. Migraines are awful.

    Your Holly piece looks so pretty! As does the Cinderella Sampler. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope your migraine won't come back to bother you.
    I love the Cinderella sampler. I'm sure you'll tame it in no time.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.