I am in the middle of 5 days off and am just enjoying the time ..of course when I go back it's for a 3 day stretch but these days are worth it! I am looking forward to seeing Margaret this week as she is visiting from the Netherlands! We are all excited at the shop! I am making my Grandma's Raisin Cake for the occasion !!!! The last time I made the cake it got rave reviews! It is so easy for me since I've been making it since I'm 10 or so ......
I spent yesterday working on HAED's Tower of Stoney Wood ..I only have the pre picture
I feel like I got a lot done but it doesn't show it! I guess I'll be adding this to my weekly stitching and seeing more progress as I go....I joined a new SAL for Haed's called Our Friend's HAED SAL . Stop on by and take a look if you like!
Next I started Michelle Ink's Quaker Gone Tropic and here is my progress which is only about a week's worth of stitching!!!!
This is a fun stitch! And luckily I didn't like Nora's "J" so I started Mdesigns "J" not much done in this picture but I have more done now
When I did the "C" for Dh I made a major error that I was able to correct by not closing the box so this time I completed the box first.... I plan on doing the Celtic Heart and then framing them altogether . This is done on PTPlus DaVinci 32ct linen that Dh bought for me for a birthday about 2 years ago!
This is a fun stitch! And luckily I didn't like Nora's "J" so I started Mdesigns "J" not much done in this picture but I have more done now I have a few new starts coming up in the next few months which might seem like a lot but I feel it's about the process/journey and I am enjoying myself!!!! More in future posts.....
Well I did a Pilates Mat class today and paid the bills so it's an evening of stitching for me! Last thursday I made a big pot of pasta sauce and we have been enjoying that! So I'm off to get a huge cup of tea and stitch.
Ps I changed the look of my blog again....I just thought the other was way too pink even for me and I really love this one.....so it'll stay .....
I am grateful for days off and stitching.....
May your needle fly through your fabric.........
I am grateful for days off and stitching.....
May your needle fly through your fabric.........
Good for you with the Pilates and with cooking ahead and doing all kinds of stuff to make sure you get some stitching time in! How organized! I should try that some time. LOL.
ReplyDeleteGreat biscornu and a lovely photo of you meeting up with Kathy.
You've got quite a few beautiful things going! I can't wait to see your Nora's Alphabet finished! It looks like such a fun design!
ReplyDeleteYour WIP's are looking so great!
ReplyDeleteNice you were able to meet Kathy A. Very nice picture of you both!
Great progress on your WIP's! I can not wait to see more of the Quaker Gone Tropic!! That looks like it is going to be really great! I have a question, what type of frame is that? Is it a lap frame? I would just like to know how well you like it because I am thinking of getting myself one, one day!
ReplyDeleteMorning Juls. It was indeed a great pleasure to meet you. You certainly helped enhance my stash!!! Your stitching progresses amaze me.
ReplyDeleteI, too, have joined the HAED SAL and hope to start mine next week. Keep up the good work there girl.
Next time I'm in Vegas, I will certainly let you know. In between, we shall certainly stay in touch.
How wonderful to meet up with Kathy. I bet you noth had a fantastic time.
ReplyDeleteYou have some lovely pieces on the go. I joined the HAED SAL blog too and it's certainly given me more enthusiasm to stitch on my QS Girly Gothic.
Juls!! Hey girl! Yes, I'm STILL behind on reading blogs. Just finished paying bills, laundry...fun stuff! Your blog looks really great:)
ReplyDeletePilates...YOU GO GIRL!!
That is so cool that you got to meet Kathy! Her biscornu is just too cute! How nice of her to come baring gifts for you! Great pic of you both:) and the LNS looks amazing!
Great job on all of your wip's...especially your HAED:)
Hey, I couldn't reply to your comment (you have a "no reply" on your email address), but the Lasagna Florentine Penny made at the sit&stitch...she got the recipe off cook.com...but she changed it. She didn't have one of the cheeses and she subbed something else. Anyway, I'm STILL waiting on her version of that darn thing! I'll share with you if I ever get it:)
Have a great weekend!
Juls, I love your projects! I especially look foreard to your progress on QGT. Can I ask what fabric you are stitching it on?
ReplyDeleteJuls, I just love the pic. of you and Kathy. It's great that two of my stitching friends have met in my fav. Las Vegas shop!! LOL Seriously, I do recognize that same spot where you and I and Margaret met a couple of years ago!! :] Sounds like you were the consumate hostess, as always. Love ya! Deb
ReplyDeleteAwesome stitching! And I am glad you could meet a friend too.
ReplyDelete