+

Monday, June 1, 2009

My days off...

I have had a wonderful 2 days off. Yesterday started with the gardener doing some work around the yard and as he is also a friend he helped well okay.... he did all the work but we replanted the 2 areas in front of the pool with better plants. The flowers that were there were overgrown and just not working. So now I have mock orange bushes with hearts of fire around ..... and they are both drought friendly. He also redid the sprinklers so we're using less water. and Don't you just love the dragonfly sticks I added! I really need to go back to Target and get the snail stick. Eventually the hearts of fire will grow around and it will be completely filled in. I am in love with it. He also put hooks in the deck so I could hang my fairie windchimes and I also put up a hummingbird feeder !!!! I'm really excited about that....I just love watching them!

And here is Storm doing what she does best......lounging in the sun....
.
Oh and yes I have a progress picture of my new start.....Toile Rooster © BOAF Not much but I am loving it!!! It's on 32ct PTP Heritage linen. I really need to pull out my HAED Tower of StoneyWood......

I am grateful for easy days off and sunshine....

I am keeping Farrah Fawcett in my thoughts and prayers daily....

May your needle fly through your fabric.........

7 comments:

  1. Juls, you really put your days off to good use. The flowers look so nice and congratulations on your new start. BTW, no pressure or anything, but I'd *love* to see the Tower of Stoney Wood WIP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have a pool ;-) Here it's too cold to have one ... Hope you'll show us the result when the flowers will bloom !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your plants and your pool!
    It looks like such a relaxing place:)

    Pretty progress on your wip! I can't wait to see it grow! Anything with a rooster and toile gets me excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks great and storm looks to be just happy as can be! Love the pool and wish I had one like it!! Your progress on your new start is looking fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful garden! Your stitching looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Garden & new WIP looks lovely. Will enjoy watching the WIP develop - have been trying to resist that chart but it's hard work! LOL :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome garden. And that...sampler kind of stitched thing is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.