+

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What a day......

I am just so exhausted from work that at one point today I just wanted to sit done and cry.......it was non stop and although I know I did good it just didn't feel good.....it was too busy to just stop and enjoy the day and the good I was accomplishing!!! Does that make any sort of sense? I hope so......

Now on to stitching since that is what you came to see....... First up is my Toile Rooster © BOAF..slow progress but progress none the less This is a fun stitch and will probably make the journey to NY with me when I go at the end of the month.......

Next is a finish Stitching Fairy © PR! It came from her catalog which you get when you order directly from her! I just love her and really focused on her this past weekend with great results....she's done!!!! I have to try and remember the fabric but I am sure it is a PTPlus Crystal and the thread is a Thread Gatherer silk...... She is just so sweet! Oh and head over to PR website as the newest freebie is out for Fairy day! Which is the 24th of June!!!!! I will be celebrating!!!!!

And to the title of this post here is my new start Titania © Mirabilia. She has been patient these many years just languishing in my stash pile so she got started over Circle of Friends in reward for her patience. Now I mildly obsessed over the fabric if you can call it mild! I finally chose HLC Pixie Dust over PTPlus Crystal Glory....I was betwixt and between but I went with my gut and know I made the right choice! Thanks again to all who helped me out when I posted it over on Facebook! The Crystal Glory was the favorite but it just wasn't looking perfect to me and somehow Pixie Dust seemd perfect for Titania!!!!! Not the greatest of pics but I did snap it late last night...more to folllow!

Dh and I are going to NY for a dear friends wedding at the end of June!!!!!! I managed to get 8 days off and am totally thrilled even though it means missing the Eric Clapton/Steve Winwood concert that weekend.....but oh to see family is just what I need right now!!!! And we do have U2 tickets for October.......I am totally thrilled for that!!!!!!! It'll be my third and not my last for sure!!!!!!!

I am grateful for my stitching and the joy it brings me....

Keeping Farrah Fawcett in my thoughts and prayers daily....

May your needle fly through your fabric.........

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad to see someone stitching on that Toile Rooster! I bought it last year because I love toile and love roosters...but haven't started it yet. This might be just the motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabbie you chose for Titania. I'm no good at figuring out fabric for projects, if a kit comes with fabric(other than aida) I'm good, otherwise I need smart friends to help me.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric you chose for Titania, but I know what you went through trying to pick out the best one. I did that for the Queen Mermaid a year or so ago - it drove me nuts. Love your Fairy finish - she's very nice, and the Toile Rooster - I like the little one among the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric you chose; it's sparkles are just beautiful. Can't wait to see it all finished.

    Keep your chin up about work. Just keep telling yourself that the month end will be here before you know it and then you have eight whole days of fun with the DH and family. Have lots of fun on your trip!! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you noticed you wrote: I just wanted to sit "done" instead of sit down? Interested slip of the tongue, isn't it? ;-) Hope you feel better now ;-)

    I love the little fairy : she's so cute !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about the busy part...hope things are settling down for you :)

    Beautiful stitching! Love the BOAF, the fabric is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had those type of days at work. It makes perfect sense. I hope your stitching brought you comfort. :)

    Your BOAF looks fabulous. I love your Titania start and the fabric that you chose. I am a huge Mirabilia fan. I have Titania in my collection to start eventually. She is such a pretty fairy. So pink and sparkly. :)

    Have fun on your vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank heavens those kind of days don't (usually) occur on a regular basis. We'd all be ready for padded rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hugs to you Juls. Hope today is a better day.

    I LOVE all your WIPs. Love the colour you're stitching the PR fairy. She looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Juls, I am so enjoying your progress on your toile rooster!
    Congrats on your adorable fairy finish:) and great start on your Mirabilia piece. Love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope work has eased up some for you.
    Good progress on Toile & love the little fairy finish. So going to enjoy watching Titania develop. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that Toile Rooster. No wonder you couldn't resist him! All of your stitching is beautiful and I love your new hair! Too funny, my hair is almost that exact same color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That fairy is sooooooo pretty! And great start to the Mirabilia...pretty fabric for it. I'll be watching that progress with anticipation! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh your latest stitches are so wonderful. I love them both. I love Toile and that rooster will be so sweet.
    and your Fairy - she is just too beautiful for words.

    LOVE the fabric choice for Titania. The colors and sparkles are so beautiful.

    Will wave to you from across the lake when you are in N.Y. You will be closer lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty finish! I love the thread colors. I'm working with Thread Gatherer for the first time with my Chatelaine, and I am thoroughly enjoying it. The color and the feel are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your stuff is gorgeous. I love that red fairy--beautiful! Sorry you had a crappy time at work, and yes, I do know the feeling! Your fabby for Titiana is just awesome. I'm sure it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.