+

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A little late

I am just back from a quick visit with my niece in LA and the best part was that my brother and my younger niece were there from NY!!!! I so adore them!!!!! I did the drive there and back by myself about 5 hrs from Vegas!!! And I must say at first it was nerve racking but guess what I did it!!!!!! There is something else I did ...what you ask!!!!! I completed Quaker Christmas © Bygone Stitches!!!! Yes and I am in love with it!!!! I started it on Nov.1st and finished it at 12:34am on Dec.27th!!!!! Here is my masterpiece
I changed the thread colors to Blue Spruce and Buckeye Scarlet by Sampler Threads. I kept the gold color the same and stitched it on 32ct Lt. Exemplar which I do believe is by Lakeside Linens.

More later most especially the 4-5 pieces I have my New Years start narrowed down to!!!! Now to make a decision.... 
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas !!!! I am feeling rather blessed this year myself and am looking forward to starting the new decade off on a positive note!!!! DH was very good to me and totally shocked me with my gift...which is rather hard to accomplish but he did and left me speechless!!!!! He went all out and got me a new computer monitor......which is just amazing!!!!!! Thank you sweetie!!!!

I am grateful for my dear hubby and the love we share.....


May your needle fly through your fabric.........

18 comments:

  1. Horray! Congrats Juls on a fabulous finish :o)

    Glad you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful finish! You did it in under 2 months...that's amazing!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely finish! Your needles must have been smoking to do it so quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quaker Christmas looks fantastic! I can't belive you finished it so quickly. I'm sure I won't be done with mine until June or July

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect way to end the year...with a great big Happy Dance! Congrats, your QC is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your QC is gorgeous!!! Congrats on your beautiful finish! :)Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! congrats and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, congrats on a great finish and so fast too! That is a huge piece. I'll look forward to see what you picked to stitch on in the New Year. Congrats for driving to LA by yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your Christmas is finished. It is beautiful hon. You have done an amazing job.
    Glad you got to spend some quality family time.
    What will be your New Year start?

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! that is FANTASTIC! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, Juls, you certainly stitched QC up fast and it looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WTG on a gorgeous HD.... & such a quick finish too. Impressed! Glad you had a good festive season - hope 2010 is a good one for you. Look forward to seeing the new start. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! It's awesome! If only I could stitch that fast and get mine done. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Juls! You did an amazing job on this one. I don't know how on earth you do it. You're so dedicated, honestly!

    ReplyDelete

Would you like a cup of tea? Earl Grey or Prince of Wales perhaps or even Lady Grey or we can have a look in the cupboard I have an ever growing stash of tea......... Thanks for visiting with me!!!!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.