I had some stitching friends over for a day of stitching, coffee and just plain fun today. And was so happy that The Maiden was able to join us after she finished work as she now works a hop skip and a jump away!!!! Well maybe a 5 minute car ride in reality but as always it was a pleasure to connect with her. We've had many impromptu stitching days in the past and so it was great fun!!!! The best part was that she brought her finished Mermaids of the Deep Blue along! We did this as a SAL starting in November and finished them in about 2 months time of dedicated stitching !!! May I present the finished products ......my fabric is a bit washed out from the camera flash. Its great to see them side by side. I love her fabric and her stitching is just gorgeous! The Maiden has warned me that stitching mermaids can become obsessive and to be careful but I do think I have thrown caution to the wind as in my head Deepest Love will be next after Bluebeard's Princess......I'll soon have a school of mermaids !!!!!!!
The musings of an obsessed cross stitcher and Mirabilia junkie.....dreaming of hand dyed fabrics and floss...more than enough time to stitch and life in general. "The right to be ridiculous is something I hold dear" Bono "Not all who wander .....are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien
What a fun time today Juls. Love the picture of the two pairs of sisters. Wish everyone could see them in real life as they are stunning.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had a fantastic time. The mermies look soooo awesome together. :D
ReplyDeleteLove both pieces. I am working on Bluebeard's Princess now too (mine has an alternate face as I like to change things). I will enjoy watching the progress you make on yours when you get it started.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on both your happy dances!! They're both stunning!! :)
ReplyDeleteYes I'm quite jealous, i don't have a stitching friend. :( Your two works are so different and both gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteLOVE THEM!!!! I think they had a fun visit yesterday! Thanks for helping Carol and I choose fabric, your Swamp won over the masses (I am secretly very excited to see the project stitched on both fabbies).
ReplyDeleteMy head has been filled with ideas for my new fabric, you are so generous. Best birthday yet! J
Wow, beautiful mermaids!! Lovely work!
ReplyDeleteoh wow they are both gorgeous Juls!
ReplyDeletejust gorgeous! your mermaids both look so good in their different colourways
ReplyDeletewow! they look gorgeous next to each other.
ReplyDeleteThey are both gorgeous.
ReplyDelete